Japanese Auto Matsuri 2018 - 10 June, Museum of Power, Langford Essex

Going to a show or got an idea for a meet? Tell us about it!
MelloYello

Japanese Auto Matsuri 2018 - 10 June, Museum of Power, Langford Essex

Post by MelloYello » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:16 am

http://www.museumofpower.org.uk/Calendar.html#JAP18
http://www.museumofpower.org.uk/Posters ... r-2018.pdf

I saw someone mention this on the Facebook page, so thought I would post it on here for all to see.

Casey

Re: Japanese Auto Matsuri 2018 - 10 June, Museum of Power, Langford Essex

Post by Casey » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:31 am

I'm probably going to this event! Silly not to go, as it's only just down the road from me AND I've never got around to visiting the museum.

I planned to go last year, but bailed out on the day as it had been pouring with rain the day before, and the same was forecast for the day itself. I didn't fancy a day in a muddy field ;)

Note, the website say applications for exhibitors must be received at least 5 weeks before the event, which would be 4 May, just over 2 weeks from now.

I'm going to fill out an application form anyway, but it would be great if others were able to come along too :)

EDIT: just filling out the form and noted there is a space to request a Club Stand area. I'll say no for now, but if we get a few of us wanting to go, I'll phone them to add an appropiate sized Stand, can't see that being a problem.

Who's planning to go...
1. Casey
KIMI 1 : RX-7 1st Gen "hybrid"; 1983 S2 running gear in a 1985 S3 shell, SORN'd, long term resto project
KIMI 2 : RX-7 1st Gen; 1983 S2, "identical" twin to KIMI 1, on the road :-)
Plus a 2004 Full Bridgeported RX-8 too!

Threesevens

Post by Threesevens » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:24 pm

Casey wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:31 am
I'm probably going to this event! Silly not to go, as it's only just down the road from me AND I've never got around to visiting the museum.

I planned to go last year, but bailed out on the day as it had been pouring with rain the day before, and the same was forecast for the day itself. I didn't fancy a day in a muddy field ;)

Note, the website say applications for exhibitors must be received at least 5 weeks before the event, which would be 4 May, just over 2 weeks from now.

I'm going to fill out an application form anyway, but it would be great if others were able to come along too :)

EDIT: just filling out the form and noted there is a space to request a Club Stand area. I'll say no for now, but if we get a few of us wanting to go, I'll phone them to add an appropiate sized Stand, can't see that being a problem.

Who's planning to go...
1. Casey
By coincidence I visited there on Sunday for the first time. My dearly beloved wanted to go to a craft fair.
Not a bad venue but never saw anything advertised for this event while we were there.
I would like to go and maybe take my restored car. The restorer has said it will be finished 14th May but he didn't say which year.

Casey

Post by Casey » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:06 pm

Threesevens wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:24 pm
I would like to go and maybe take my restored car. The restorer has said it will be finished 14th May but he didn't say which year.
:lol: :lol:
If you think you might be able to make it, there is no problem for you to register as it's FREE to exhibitors (and registration must be done at least 5 weeks in advance).

If it turns out you can't make it, there's no downside, except that if we were able to get 10 cars booked up and only 1 turns up, it'll be an empty looking stand :D
KIMI 1 : RX-7 1st Gen "hybrid"; 1983 S2 running gear in a 1985 S3 shell, SORN'd, long term resto project

rip7

Post by rip7 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:33 pm

yes put me in

Casey

Post by Casey » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:34 am

UPDATED LIST..

Who's planning to go...
1. Casey
2. Threesevens (maybe)
3. rip7

A7RXY

Post by A7RXY » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:52 am

I would have come but I'm on holiday.
Dibs

Casey

Post by Casey » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:50 am

^^A pity Dibs, would've been good to see you there. Enjoy your holiday 8-) :)

LAST CALL everyone. Applications to attend must be submitted by the end of next week latest, at which time I will contact the museum to arrange a stand for us to be sited together :)

10 June, hoping for a glorious sunny day at what looks to be a fascinating location 8-) 8-)

Casey

Post by Casey » Sat May 26, 2018 3:09 pm

I've been i touch with the organisers and they confirm we have a stand area for our group. They've not given a lot of details, but I'll post up what I've got in the next few days.

Can everyone re-confirm they are still attending and has received any emails from the organisers? It looks like I have the necessary passes for everyone to copy anyway, so no problem if you've not received anything.

So, are we all still good to go :D ?

1. Casey
2. Threesevens (maybe)
3. rip7

Clive Haynsford is planning to join us too, bringing his RX-4, plus John Clark in his FD (or maybe RX-8) and maybe a guy with a Cosmo 13b, who's trying to get a late entry.

I've therefore requested a stand for 6 cars.

I'll see if I can find a rendezvous point near the venue that we can meet up and drive in together.

Threesevens

Post by Threesevens » Sat May 26, 2018 10:04 pm

I am going to be there but without my Elford