Black Elford Turbo

Restoring or fettling your ride ? Show us your progress.
Threesevens

Re: Black Elford Turbo

Post by Threesevens » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:15 pm

OK been to see a solicitor and he has told me it could cost between £2500 and £3500 to get my car back.
If I go through the correct process I will get my costs and damages back from someone who has no assets.
Tried to reason with him but now he wants to charge me for storage costs, I cannot believe how ignorant some people can be of the law and their own precarious position.
Just as an aside he was convicted in 2013 of a cruelty to an animal conviction where a dog in his care sufferred seriously abuse. He was convicted and received a 12 month suspended prison sentence and banned for 5 years from keeping pets.
Ironically this has helped me to find where he lives so I can get the appropriate notices served.
My wife said it will cost me more to recover the car than it is worth so why don't I give up and buy another, but that is not an option fir me. My wife doesn't understand me but she is from Bolivia haha
I bought the car to preserve and cherish but most of our female partners do not understand why would do that.
.C'est la vie

spirit r

Post by spirit r » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:55 am

ian65 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:38 pm
I'd probably take the car back off him as is but then you've got the hassle of squaring him up for the work that he has managed to do ( and putting some sort of value on it) and then finding another quality classic car restorer or bodyshop who can finish the car to the standard you want and be prepared to take on a half restored car.
Threesevens wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:15 pm
My wife said it will cost me more to recover the car than it is worth so why don't I give up and buy another, but that is not an option fir me. My wife doesn't understand me but she is from Bolivia haha
You allways ask what to have to do. Why did you never follow good people's advice?

Threesevens

Post by Threesevens » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:03 pm

thanks for the helpful comments

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:31 am

Hello threesevens I would just turn up and help myself if it was my car usually you find these sort of people back down when you confront them take some backup with you if your not confident going the politically correct legal route with these sort of people is a waste of more money and time and your car will probably disappear whist it's going on hope this helps adrian

Threesevens

Post by Threesevens » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:09 pm

Adrian wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:31 am
Hello threesevens I would just turn up and help myself if it was my car usually you find these sort of people back down when you confront them take some backup with you if your not confident going the politically correct legal route with these sort of people is a waste of more money and time and your car will probably disappear whist it's going on hope this helps adrian
Hi Adrian,
My car is stuck in a yard with 10 foot high fence and a pad locked gate. The site has 24 hour security. My car is stuck at the back of the yard with 40 or so vehicles blocking it in.
He is avoiding going to the yard because he hasn't paid the rent so I can't confront him there
I now have his home address and went there at the weekend but he wasn't in.
However, he has sent me a text and said he is prepared to meet up to discuss.

gt_james

Post by gt_james » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:56 am

Have a look at a private repossession company. I can't believe you're waiting trying to get it back. You need to get on with it or you will never see it again. You can't expect it to all just work out in the end, you need to go and take back what is yours!

https://marstonholdings.co.uk/burlingto ... ossession/

https://www.hcegroup.co.uk/vehicle-recovery/

https://www.premiumcollections.co.uk/ve ... panies-uk/

https://www.repossessions-uk.com/

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:13 pm

Totally agree gtjames sounds like a crap situation though

rip7

Post by rip7 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:31 pm

man up or get shit on [sorry]