Black Elford Turbo

Restoring or fettling your ride ? Show us your progress.
richrx

Re: Black Elford Turbo

Post by richrx » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:08 pm

ian65 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:56 pm
richrx wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:40 pm
Can I ask why you didn't collect in 2017? Is there some details missing from the thread?
Rich,
see here...

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3913
Thanks Iain...

Threesevens

Post by Threesevens » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:53 pm

Since I saw him in May, when he promised it would be finished at the end of June he has hardly been seen by the site owners at the yard. Indeed he has not been at the yard since the start of August as I believe he is avoiding them as he owes a lot of rent. His yard is chained up and the only way I can in is with a set of bolt cutters and I am not prepared to be done for breaking and entering. Indeed even if I did get in it would be difficult to get my car out as it is surrounded by a load of old classic wrecks.
I am working with the yard management and they are keeping me informed of their progress in gaining control of the yard.
I have given them a list of all the parts and they have said they will help me recover everything.
Thanks for all your sound advice but it is not a normal situation and I am dealing with Walter Mitty

richrx

Post by richrx » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:30 pm

Threesevens wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:53 pm
I am not prepared to be done for breaking and entering.
There's no such thing up here in Scotland... They have to catch you first sya

(the above is a joke I don't condone breaking in anywhere)

I assumed it was an open yard, or parked in front of a premises... Fingers crossed mate..

Rich

Hobbawobba

Post by Hobbawobba » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:59 pm

ian65 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:13 pm
DKWW2000 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:20 pm

Kev.....you must take control of this situation. If you rely on the legal system it will never end until you have run out of funds.
Find out where it is and recover it now by any means possible. Get your sons to help and any one else you can....if you do not do this now I fear you will not see her again, it may already be too late :(
Absolutely spot on advice there from Pete... if you can see the car, get it loaded up and take possession of it now then if needs be go the legal route for the spares and parts... if you rely purely on legal procedures you can kiss the car goodbye. Don't give anyone notice of what you intend to do, just turn up with a trailer or recovery truck, load it up and get it out of there.
This. No messing around.

ian65

Post by ian65 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Threesevens wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:53 pm
I am not prepared to be done for breaking and entering.
there's no such offence.... neither is it burglary or being found on enclosed premises....there's no mens rea.... it's civil trespass, i.e. it would be dealt with in the Civil Courts, not the Criminal Courts but what's he going to do, sue you? Once you have possession of the car it's up to him to pursue you through the Civil Courts for any monies he believes he's due for services rendered.... which he wouldn't do because 1) he probably hasn't got the money to get tied up in litigation, 2) he's probably got bigger problems to worry about than your car 3) he'd get laughed out of court when the full story comes out.
1986 Series 3 13B Turbo II
http://rx7fb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2400
1992 Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI
1975 Honda SL125 Street Scrambler

richrx

Post by richrx » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:15 pm

Kev

For what it's worth your doing things the right way, ultimately your keeping yourself right and not risking bother with law or associates etc.

"The internet told me to do it"is never a great excuse f-f

Progress may be slow but if it works in the end thsts all that matters....

Rich

02Anders

Post by 02Anders » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:06 pm

I can only imagine how upsetting and annoying this must be for you. What an absolute mess!
Keep at it mate, and I'm sure it'll all eventually end up alright...
Best Regards,
02Anders.

1983 Mazda RX-7 Elford Turbo

Threesevens

Post by Threesevens » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:36 pm

Hi All, Again thanks for your ideas and your support.
I have been in touch with the yard and they have said they will help as much as they can as long as i have proof of ownership which obviously I have.
The problem is that there are components that have probably been stored away from the car that I will have to prove are mine.
The last time i saw the car the interior was stored in a van, the side skirts I bought from Rip,i have no idea where they are.
I had a moon roof and I bought a replacement metal roof but I have no idea where they are. I bought some old stock period fog lights and an electric aerial and a complete good quality clutch assembly. I bought a good engine and gear box from Tool.
I am going to the yard on Monday and I will try and get some photos of my car which I believe is under a tarpaulin. I understand It is trapped in the middle of a number of old wrecks which either won't start or can't be moved.
What the f*ck? how do I sort out this mess? I am up the creek without a paddle.
My 18 year old daughter said to me a few weeks ago, Dad, why are you being such a pussy about your car, normally you go for the throat? It woke me up but too late to stop a big mess getting worse! Ian you were so right!
Will try an provide an update on Monday evening.
Kev

richrx

Post by richrx » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:59 pm

Kev,

Try and get some photographs of the items that your looking to locate, even from previous owners, eBay adverts showing you bought items and may be messages to club members showing you bought an engine. A pile of paperwork and effort is better than nothing.

Hopfully the rarity of the rx7 means there's no other cars at the yard with the same parts or engine etc.

Rich

danny

Post by danny » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:35 am

Very sad to read this. Last year some dude broke in to my storage, stole my Mazda 1800 and a lot of parts and tools. luckily somebody found the 1800 for sale a few months later. Reported it to the police, but nothing happend quickly, paperwork...so we took a flatbed, drove over there, and repossessed it ouwerseves! Tools and parts were gone, sold for scrap metal, we heard. Story is, no more storage rental for me! keep it at home if possible.