A Kiwis Series 3

Restoring or fettling your ride ? Show us your progress.
Hobbawobba

Re: A Kiwis Series 3

Post by Hobbawobba » Fri May 11, 2018 8:30 pm

Got the intercooler on! Fits quite nicely in there. I can squeeze about 1 finger between the back of my intercooler and the crossbar tube thingy. Might make a little duct from the under tray to bottom of my oil cooler so it's more efficient. Maybe also try block off any gaps around that general area where air might go around, rather than through everything

Then took it back off...

Went and picked up the new engine in my daily :lol:. Fit with room to spare! Steve-A was kind enough to give me a hand

Got this in

Will try to get some better pictures next week.

I've since swapped over a few things like my RB oil pedestal. Gave the housings a quick wire brush to shine them up slightly which has made me want to get the polishing equipment out :lol: . Moving the engine forward the usual 20mm will mean there is a slight possibility that I won't have to modify the turbo manifold which is good! Although I didn't count on moving the engine forward :lol:. Oh well - it isn't too hard (I hope). I need to make up a new modified shifter housing and linkage as the series 1 it came from has a much further forward mounted shifter than the 2 and 3. I'll be using both my series 3 shifter housing and linkage/rod. Will probably use the Bridgeport at work during my break to drill the new hole ;) . Thankfully Austin/DreamInRotary had uploaded this video which has useful info for people WITHOUT a turbo shifter rod

I also managed to shot blast a few more bits! Just the intake manifold to go I think. Debated the hotside of the turbo but probably won't in the end :lol:

Wires

Post by Wires » Mon May 14, 2018 10:02 am

looking good man, freshly blasted bits are always a nice step forward :)

DKWW2000

Post by DKWW2000 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:39 pm

Things are looking good Jesse, I can not wait to see......It had better be ready by Aug
RX7 FB S3 - RX7 FC TII Vert
Rotaries Previously Owned:-
2 x NSU Ro 80s - 2 x S2 RX7s - Suzuki RE 5 - DKW(Hercules) W2000 - Norton (Krauser) Commander