Japanese Auto Matsuri 2018 - 10 June, Museum of Power, Langford Essex

Going to a show or got an idea for a meet? Tell us about it!
DKWW2000

Re: Japanese Auto Matsuri 2018 - 10 June, Museum of Power, Langford Essex

Post by DKWW2000 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:10 pm

Casey wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:34 pm
I was really pleased that Bash (Barry) and his wife (Kim - I hope I remembered that right ;)) showed up with their 13b Cosmo. It was a pleasure the meet them both and have a chat about such a rare car. I think he's got a really good example in fantastic looking condition, inside and out. We found ourselves talking to people for most of the day as there was quite some lively interest in our pair of cars.
It would be great to see them at Beaulieu ;) ;)
Hope you sort the Oil Cooler, may be worth getting it Re-Cored?
RX7 FB S3 - RX7 FC TII Vert
Rotaries Previously Owned:-
2 x NSU Ro 80s - 2 x S2 RX7s - Suzuki RE 5 - DKW(Hercules) W2000 - Norton (Krauser) Commander

Casey

Post by Casey » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:34 pm

DKWW2000 wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:10 pm
It would be great to see them at Beaulieu ;) ;)
Hope you sort the Oil Cooler, may be worth getting it Re-Cored?
I'll certainly make sure Barry is aware of the Beaulieu event as it would be great to have a Cosmo in the line-up!

I've just learned that Tim White picked up a load of FB spares recently and it is known an S2 oil cooler was in the collection. As it turns out, I'm passing close to Salisbury tomorrow, so I plan to check with Tim before I leave and may pop in to see him :D

This might be the quickest solution to make sure KIMI 2 is back on the road asap, then I can look at the leaky one and decide whether to repair as a spare.
KIMI 1 : RX-7 1st Gen "hybrid"; 1983 S2 running gear in a 1985 S3 shell, SORN'd, long term resto project
KIMI 2 : RX-7 1st Gen; 1983 S2, "identical" twin to KIMI 1, on the road :-)
Plus a 2004 Full Bridgeported RX-8 too!

Threesevens

Post by Threesevens » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:13 pm

Hi Malcolm,

It was great meeting you today and seeing your car Kimi2.
This was the first Jap car event I have been to and there were plenty of cars on view and apart from the more modern stuff there was a selection of older cars on display with loads of Toyota Supras, MX5's, and classic Nissans.
My phone camera is pants but I should have taken some photo's hopefully Malcolm has a few.
I took the liberty of giving Barry (the owner of the Cosmo) your phone no, Andy (Tool) because he is really keen to know more about the Cosmos as he is new to the rotary scene. His car looks pretty sweet.

Casey

Post by Casey » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:32 pm

Thank you for popping by this afternoon Kevin - it was really to good to meet and chat to you.

I hope you get your Elford sorted out sooner rather than later. I can't imagine how frustrating it is for you to have been kept waiting so long :(
KIMI 1 : RX-7 1st Gen "hybrid"; 1983 S2 running gear in a 1985 S3 shell, SORN'd, long term resto project
KIMI 2 : RX-7 1st Gen; 1983 S2, "identical" twin to KIMI 1, on the road :-)
Plus a 2004 Full Bridgeported RX-8 too!