New or refurbished radiator

Fans, radiators, heaters, e-fans, cooling issues, air conditioning...
A7RXY

Re: New or refurbished radiator

Post by A7RXY » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:24 pm

I got quoted £180/220 + vat for my recore, so £300 for the one you want does not seem a lot more.

Dibs

decster

Post by decster » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:04 pm

kenwhiteside wrote:Bought a cheap ebay rad. Alloy thing with three rows. Looks like a knock off of Luckys one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282267296479? ... EBIDX%3AIT

It's really low quality. Arrived damaged so they refunded me. Probably would have returned it if not as its below the standard I want on my car.

I have an the original rad from the car that I will get recored. Definitely the best option in my opinion unless you are going to splash the cash for a £300 Koyo.
Same thing happened to me when I bought a cheap rad before. Won't buy again.

Chud

Post by Chud » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:24 pm

I got a 3 row one off eBay, has the lower union for the matrix return and was really happy with the quality - it's survived cooling the 13BT with no problems at all. Can't remember the seller though so not very helpful. :idea:
instagram: tymboooo

1980 series 1 RX7
1983 series 2 RX7
1975 RX3 Coupe
1959 VW Splitscreen Kombi "The Queen"
1971 VW Adventurewagen
1966 Porsche 912

DKWW2000

Post by DKWW2000 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:34 pm

decster wrote:
kenwhiteside wrote:Bought a cheap ebay rad. Alloy thing with three rows. Looks like a knock off of Luckys one.

It's really low quality. Arrived damaged so they refunded me. Probably would have returned it if not as its below the standard I want on my car.

I have an the original rad from the car that I will get recored. Definitely the best option in my opinion unless you are going to splash the cash for a £300 Koyo.

Where did you get yours from decster?
RX7 FB S3 - RX7 FC TII Vert
Rotaries Previously Owned:-
2 x NSU Ro 80s - 2 x S2 RX7s - Suzuki RE 5 - DKW(Hercules) W2000 - Norton (Krauser) Commander

A7RXY

Post by A7RXY » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:22 am

Finally got my radiator rebuilt, I've had it recored with a twin core so that should help with the cooling problem I was having, also the old single core was mostly blocked.
When removing the rad I noticed a threaded plug in the bottom left hand corner of the rad facing the engine, anyone know what this is for ?
Now all I need to do is have a good clean up respray the rad surround and refit ready to tax in May.

I've spent the last half hour trying to add photos now pissed off .... So sorry no pics

Dibs

PS ...Pics now on the Facebook site.

gt_james

Post by gt_james » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:37 pm

decster wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:04 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282267296479? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Mine arrived fine, not fitted yet but looks ok, can see any problems with it, I honestly can't see how a koyo can be better quality to the extent it justifies the extra £300