GSL-SE instrument cluster

Everything Interior Related.... Trim, Etc...
mc turbo

Re: GSL-SE instrument cluster

Post by mc turbo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:19 am

hi does anyone no where the plug for the instrument lights r ??? as mine don't work anymore & its a problem when I drive it @ night as I cant see sh*t! cheers mick

KiwiDave
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:07 pm
Location: Feltham, Southwest London

Re: GSL-SE instrument cluster

Post by KiwiDave » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:04 am

mc turbo wrote:hi does anyone no where the plug for the instrument lights r ??? as mine don't work anymore & its a problem when I drive it @ night as I cant see sh*t! cheers mick
This may be a silly question Mick but you do know that there is a dimmer control for the dash lights? And have you checked the bulbs?
1985 Sunrise Red S3 TWR
2003 Mercedes E320 CDI Estate AMG

User avatar
ian65
Posts: 5637
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:11 am

Re: GSL-SE instrument cluster

Post by ian65 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:44 am

the dimmer switches are problematic on these cars... try unplugging it under the dash and bypassing the dimmer at the plug
1986 Series 3 13B Turbo II
http://rx7fb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2400
1992 Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI
1975 Honda SL125 Street Scrambler

Lucky
Posts: 2686
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:30 pm
Location: Worthing, UK

Re: GSL-SE instrument cluster

Post by Lucky » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:29 pm

Also, when mine did that it was actually the fuse blowing... and that fuse also runs the rear lights (brake lights are separate, at least). Just sayin, might be worth a check, lol

mc turbo

Re: GSL-SE instrument cluster

Post by mc turbo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:41 pm

KiwiDave wrote:
mc turbo wrote:hi does anyone no where the plug for the instrument lights r ??? as mine don't work anymore & its a problem when I drive it @ night as I cant see sh*t! cheers mick
This may be a silly question Mick but you do know that there is a dimmer control for the dash lights? And have you checked the bulbs?
hi m8 it was working b4 tim took the dash out to replace the speed sensor to fit the pwr steering & the dimmer switch still works cos it still controls the lights behind the heater controls! ps. its still running lean after tim fitted the turbo kit .

mc turbo

Re: GSL-SE instrument cluster

Post by mc turbo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:44 pm

Lucky wrote:Also, when mine did that it was actually the fuse blowing... and that fuse also runs the rear lights (brake lights are separate, at least). Just sayin, might be worth a check, lol
hi m8 all fuses r ok as ive just checked them to b sure & the brake lights r all working cheers

mc turbo

Re: GSL-SE instrument cluster

Post by mc turbo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:58 pm

ian65 wrote:the dimmer switches are problematic on these cars... try unplugging it under the dash and bypassing the dimmer at the plug
thanks for the pwr steering one of the best mods ive done to it ! ps. just curious why did`nt u fit it to ur fb???

User avatar
ian65
Posts: 5637
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:11 am

Re: GSL-SE instrument cluster

Post by ian65 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:50 pm

it needed modifying to fit my car due to the Elford turbo setup. I figured that if I've got to start modding it, I might as well do away with the steering box setup and do a fc subframe swap with a steering rack.... that's way in the future though..... it's easy to get caught up in a circle of modifications that mean your car is always off the road.... I just want a road going car that I can enjoy for a while rather than one that's in bits in the garage.... I'm done with that for a while.
1986 Series 3 13B Turbo II
http://rx7fb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2400
1992 Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI
1975 Honda SL125 Street Scrambler

Post Reply