FB dashboard removal

Everything Interior Related.... Trim, Etc...

Re: FB dashboard removal

Postby Lucky » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:04 am

Great work th:

sooooo....where's the "How To" guide with lots of pics and tiny words for the hard of thinking in the audience who've not got a spare one to search out mounting points on? ;)
Lucky

Postby A7RXY » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:51 pm

Well done Pete that looks better .... When do you fancy changing my shocks for me ...... :D
A7RXY

Postby DKWW2000 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:27 pm

Lucky wroteColonGreat work th:

sooooo....where's the "How To" guide with lots of pics and tiny words for the hard of thinking in the audience who've not got a spare one to search out mounting points on? ;)

Will do one at weekend when I can use my hands again :?
(someone has typed this for me :oops:)
RX7 FB S3 - RX7 FC TII Vert
Rotaries Previously Owned:-
2 x NSU Ro 80s - 2 x S2 RX7s - Suzuki RE 5 - DKW(Hercules) W2000 - Norton (Krauser) Commander
DKWW2000

Postby DKWW2000 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:44 pm

To remove the Top dash you do not need many tools, but you do need patience, flexibility & a methodical approach. It would also be a good idea to place the fixings as you remove them into a bag/box with compartments & label them as there are so many differnt types that look similar when you come to replace them.....Doh :o
I found the way to start is:

1. Remove the metal finisher together with rubber seal just next to the windscreen (3 screws) but be wary when lifting out as it very easy to bend.........Exhibit A:-

2. Working down then remove all the pieces of trim, sides/steering column/centre console/glove box/speedo etc as per ...........Exhibit B:-

3. This will expose the main fixing bolts around the outside & at the end of the dash.......Exhibit C:-

4. Now loosen all the cable fixings holding the looms to the dash (some have screws) .....Exhibit D:-

5. Now comes the hard part, there are 5 x 8mm nuts that are underneath the dash both sides of the centre Air Vent ......Exhibit E:-

6. I used a long flexible socket extension to remove these, you will need a torch to locate them :roll:

7. Once you have removed these, pat yourself on the back & go down the pub :lol:

8. Now comes the Extremely hard part, there are 2 x screws located at the back centre that are INSIDE the heater box g-l I accessed using a 90 degree toolly thing & tilted the Dash forward (hp) ........Exhibit F:-

9. The dash should now lift out, carefully, there may still be something attached that I did not have/broke (I did not remove the steering wheel, but it would have been easier).

10. Go back down the pub 0-0

11. Installation is just the reverse.

I DID THIS OVER 2 DAYS..........AND.......... ON THE THIRD I ACHED! (BUT FELT SMUG)
RX7 FB S3 - RX7 FC TII Vert
Rotaries Previously Owned:-
2 x NSU Ro 80s - 2 x S2 RX7s - Suzuki RE 5 - DKW(Hercules) W2000 - Norton (Krauser) Commander
DKWW2000

Postby spirit r » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:15 pm

Thanks Pete for the german Bosch surreptitious advertising :lol:
high quality pics, too th:
_________*Thomas*

http://www.rx7fb.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1116
spirit r

Previous

Return to RX7 Interior