Panel availability

richrx
VIP User
VIP User

Panel availability

Post by richrx » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:19 pm

Hi,

The thread title probably covers the question ... But does anyone know of any places selling replacement panels for the FC I know FB parts are really rare now?

What do I need... Most of the shell replaced (hp) but specifically the floor pans. I found some used but the sellers looking for £350 and they are starting to go at the inner sill and exactly where mine are rotten already. So not ideal. Definitely not cheap either.

I have a friend in NZ and family in Canada/ USA so even in these corners of the world I would be able to get things back reasonable...

Rich

Threesevens
VIP User
VIP User

Re: Panel availability

Post by Threesevens » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:47 am

Hi Rich,
Did you see my post recently?
On Ebay a seller called LeeEngines has a few FB's & FC's which he is breaking. It could be worth a try.
I sent him a mail and he responded quickly
These users thanked the author Threesevens for the post:
richrx (Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:51 pm)

richrx
VIP User
VIP User

Post by richrx » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:52 pm

Threesevens wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:47 am
Hi Rich,
Did you see my post recently?
On Ebay a seller called LeeEngines has a few FB's & FC's which he is breaking. It could be worth a try.
I sent him a mail and he responded quickly
Yep tried there, he has a few but what I'm after are all rotten unfortunately.

I was hoping maybe some USA or Australian places may reproduce them more than anything?

Rich

KYPREO
VIP User
VIP User

Post by KYPREO » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:29 am

FCs are actually fairly rare and quite unloved in Australia. Unlike other models, there is very little aftermarket stuff available for them made locally.

You can buy most FC panels brand new from Mazda though. Mazda New Zealand dealers are generally quite helpful with old rotary models.

You won't be able to buy floor pans I wouldn't have thought, but certainly the sills. Last time I checked you could even buy 1st gen sills. Floors are going need to custom repair,s but that shouldn't be out of the reach of any decently skilled fabricator. Guards (or wings as you guys call them) as still available from memory.
These users thanked the author KYPREO for the post (total 3):
spirit r (Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:59 am) • Casey (Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:26 am) • Hobbawobba (Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:19 pm)

Return to “2nd Gen RX7 General Chat”