RockAuto best place?

Everthing you wanted to know about getting the perfect suspension & handling, Springs, Shocks, Roll Bars, Coilovers, Brakes, Steering for your RX7...
Ryncewind

RockAuto best place?

Post by Ryncewind » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:28 pm

Is rockauto the best place to get pads and disks from? They want 126 quid shipping for a full set of pads and disks. Can anyone recommend anywhere else?

DKWW2000

Re: RockAuto best place?

Post by DKWW2000 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:27 pm

On Ebay UK. Just put MAZDA RX7 BRAKE DISCS in search bar, then your vehicle details in Box at top under Vehicle Details.
RX7 FB S3 - RX7 FC TII Vert
Rotaries Previously Owned:-
2 x NSU Ro 80s - 2 x S2 RX7s - Suzuki RE 5 - DKW(Hercules) W2000 - Norton (Krauser) Commander

biznatch

Post by biznatch » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:09 pm

I got my rear rotors and pads recently from Rockauto. They were slotted type stop tech brand from memory and came out cheaper than UK based suppliers. Main reason I use rockauto though is there parts listing are accurate and they typically offer only parts that are available, unlike UK suppliers who seem to confuse FB/FC and advertise parts that are not even available...
That said, if I were after stock replacements I might have found cheaper locally.

decster

Post by decster » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:48 am

I've seen some good pricing on http://www.autonaythinng.com, http://4wheelonline.com and other US stores though shipping cost is the problem. I bought some replacement parts from rockauto before and I can say that their service is quite good.

daily rotor

Post by daily rotor » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:11 am

i used rockauto recently. i live in australia.
i recieved the parts within 3 days :D
even with the shipping cost they came under the prices i was being quoted locally.
i was left impressed.

ian65

Post by ian65 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:02 am

I've ordered loads of stuff from RockAuto over the last few years and they are hard to beat for price and service even taking into account shipping cost etc.... the parts always arrive quickly, they provide full step by step tracking and in my experience the parts are great quality.
I'm always careful to try to ship parts from the same warehouse to keep costs down and sometimes team up with someone else to order parts and share the shipping costs.
It shows how we are ripped off for parts in the UK when we can buy and ship in parts from the US for much less than we can buy them for here.... there are exceptions of course, heavy items like brake discs are expensive to ship but sell for peanuts on ebay here but on the whole I think RockAuto are great value.

Hobbawobba

Post by Hobbawobba » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:24 pm

I wanted to get some slotted brake discs that Biznatch mentioned.. It took the price from about £140 to about £305 (before tax) :lol:. I'll take standard discs and pads for £150 thanks! Haha

Apart from that. Everything else has been awesome!