Auto Choke Stalls Car when it Auto Returns

Rotary Engine Chat......Got A Problem With Your Rotary Engine.... Need Help...?
TOOL

Re: Auto Choke Stalls Car when it Auto Returns

Post by TOOL » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:12 pm

That's the secondaries actuator diaphragm in the picture. Not the accelerator pump.

Turn the throttle actuator and look for 2 jets of fuel. One in each primary choke.

The accelerator pump has nothing to do with the idle circuit though.
Back in sunny France

tomsmy

Re: Auto Choke Stalls Car when it Auto Returns

Post by tomsmy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:54 pm

Hey Guys!
So it has been a while since I last updated this post and long story short – the car runs almost perfectly now!
I just have a slight stumble at light throttle if it’s not at full operating temp. I checked the advances and they work fine so I am hoping this clears up with a few tanks of sea foam, otherwise rebuilding and cleaning the carb will be my winter project when she is sleeping for the snowy season!
So it turned out to be several issues that were causing the problem:

1) I had vacuum leaks in my hoses (split caps etc), so they were all replaced with the spiffy blue ones I posted earlier.

2) The Throttle Sub Return spring was not strong enough to overcome the damper (or the damper was too stiff) so it was preventing the RPM’s from dropping. Basically I could return it to its normal position by hand, then when you hit the gas it sticks. So I replaced this with a spare unit I had and it worked much better.

3) The timing was off…a lot…….(head hanging in shame)……

Once the above were fixed I was able to fix the idle mixture and idle speed.

Now when I cold start the fast idle and auto choke work like a charm and she sits at a happy ~800 rpm.

I will post some photos once I get home.

Thanks for the support,
Tom