engine on the elford is dead

Rotary Engine Chat......Got A Problem With Your Rotary Engine.... Need Help...?
apexheid

Re: engine on the elford is dead

Post by apexheid » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:22 am

Fit'lik min, have a good look at the car, yes it's auld and bonny from the factory. Removed the factory rear spoiler may look ever better or maybe not. On Elford or TWR body kit make the car look awful. Very much much like a "Grant" body kit from the 80's and look very cheap . Only good out of elford was front spoiler/Dam. Kiwidave's car was a good example, was look yellow and tasteless and what happened with it? He did a good job to transfer a lot better colour to cover the bland the TWR. I do see few another here, it's pile and never mind how good condition the metal is. Too much Barry boy look alike. Rx7 FB's one of the bonny car out there.enjoy it.
In the past few week, talked about weber and how good and bad it was. End of talk was a bluntly that old stool carb was a pile of shit and it belonged in the past. It was a wake up call and very much bring myself in the 21st century.

DKWW2000

Post by DKWW2000 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:38 am

I do not understand the whether you like RX7 FBs or not :?: The whole (I believe) point of the Forum is for those that do have them & keep them on the road to enjoy & help each other regardless of them being original or not.
The fuel delivery systems & there aspiration is down to personal choice & to start referring to other peoples cars as Canine excrement is not conducive to a happy Forum :evil:

I am also over 50 but do not think I am a cool dude more "Grumpy Old Man" & do respect all of the variations as they reflect different aspects of the history of the mark, and, dare I say even the White F&F I went to look at a couple of weeks ago :lol:
RX7 FB S3 - RX7 FC TII Vert
Rotaries Previously Owned:-
2 x NSU Ro 80s - 2 x S2 RX7s - Suzuki RE 5 - DKW(Hercules) W2000 - Norton (Krauser) Commander

codge

Post by codge » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:50 am

apexheid wrote:
Yeah it's good to talk..
I'm a rebel and don't like Elford/TWR...Honest, it's pile of god tihs.

Weber/EFI and PP all motor rules my world.
I'm over 50......and young cool dude for my age...
Time to listen up. I was 20 plus when you were born.
But I know how to conduct myself on a public forum.

Your constant references to other people's cars, carburettors or whatever being tasteless and piles of shxt is wearing thin. We're a happy bunch on here and boat rockers will reluctantly get thrown overboard.

Codge

apexheid

Post by apexheid » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:15 pm

Oh yeah, love my rex and just plain and simple.
like I say 21st century for me and planning to rid of few items.
I'm in motorsport, talked to auld guys's with old mg,mini etcc, their cars got FJ and told me that the carbs are crap. I do fight for the good name of weber, at the end and those auld guys was right.
Move on for me, if you guys can afford to buy modern car or body kits and why not spend on update with modern hardware for your mazda.
and also Listen to young youths of today and they are very good, smart enough to tell me what's what. :oops:

DKWW2000

Post by DKWW2000 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:46 pm

apexheid wrote:Oh yeah, love my rex and just plain and simple.
Am I right in assuming from the above quote that you do have a RX7 FB, original & you like it?
If so why not put up some pictures & supprise us all :o
RX7 FB S3 - RX7 FC TII Vert
Rotaries Previously Owned:-
2 x NSU Ro 80s - 2 x S2 RX7s - Suzuki RE 5 - DKW(Hercules) W2000 - Norton (Krauser) Commander

KiwiDave

Post by KiwiDave » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:30 pm

apexheid wrote:In the past few week, talked about weber and how good and bad it was. End of talk was a bluntly that old stool carb was a pile of shit and it belonged in the past. It was a wake up call and very much bring myself in the 21st century.
Mazda used a Mikuni carb on the factory race versions of the Cosmo 110 and the R100. This was essentially a Weber copy but mazda could not get it to work as they wanted. Mazda Japan have since used weber carbs on all their NA competion rotaries.
1985 Sunrise Red S3 TWR
2003 Mercedes E320 CDI Estate AMG

KiwiDave

Post by KiwiDave » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:24 pm

KiwiDave wrote:
apexheid wrote:In the past few week, talked about weber and how good and bad it was. End of talk was a bluntly that old stool carb was a pile of shit and it belonged in the past. It was a wake up call and very much bring myself in the 21st century.
Mazda used a Mikuni carb on the factory race versions of the Cosmo 110 and the R100. This was essentially a Weber copy but mazda could not get it to work as they wanted. Mazda Japan have since used weber carbs on all their NA competition rotaries.
1985 Sunrise Red S3 TWR
2003 Mercedes E320 CDI Estate AMG

rip7

Post by rip7 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:55 pm

i think i got lost in translation some where along the line.i am over 50,and its up to people to judge if i am a cool dude,[ not one;s self] any way we are all cool dudes ,we love fb . engine now out , will keep all interested informed.

rip7

Post by rip7 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:55 pm

54 mm socket arrived today so can now remove fly wheel and finaly see what the internalls are like,. any one out there tried water injection with a turbo on a 12a. may be the way to go.

rip7

Post by rip7 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:20 pm

pulled it apart today,both housings finished ,both scrap. put them next to two i saved from a old engine. the exhaust port is slightly smaller[ have automobiles cast above mazda] earlier model i think. both good . atkins here i come