TWiR 1986 S3 TWR

Restoring or fettling your ride ? Show us your progress.
User avatar
A7RXY
Posts: 1121
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:55 am
Location: Upminster, Essex UK

Re: TWiR 1986 S3 TWR

Post by A7RXY » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:21 am

0-0 .....

User avatar
Hobbawobba
Posts: 1269
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:44 pm
Location: Worcester - UK

Re: TWiR 1986 S3 TWR

Post by Hobbawobba » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:23 pm

Awesome bro. That old housing looks pretty gank aye :shock:

Dyno?! :o

KiwiDave
Posts: 1778
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:07 pm
Location: Feltham, Southwest London

Re: TWiR 1986 S3 TWR

Post by KiwiDave » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:19 pm

Hobbawobba wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:23 pm

Dyno?! :o
Just want to know what I have here.

12a minus air pump minus thermal reactor plus headers plus custom exhaust plus street port. It all adds up to something, right?

So I thought I'd get a baseline and see what can be improved on from there .... sya
1985 Sunrise Red S3 TWR
2003 Mercedes E320 CDI Estate AMG

User avatar
Hobbawobba
Posts: 1269
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:44 pm
Location: Worcester - UK

Re: TWiR 1986 S3 TWR

Post by Hobbawobba » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:06 am

Yeah that'd be cool to see what results you get aye bro

User avatar
DKWW2000
Posts: 1204
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:16 pm
Location: English Riviera - South Devon

Re: TWiR 1986 S3 TWR

Post by DKWW2000 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:34 pm

KiwiDave wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:19 pm
Hobbawobba wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:23 pm

Dyno?! :o
Just want to know what I have here.

12a minus air pump minus thermal reactor plus headers plus custom exhaust plus street port. It all adds up to something, right?

So I thought I'd get a baseline and see what can be improved on from there .... sya
Always handy to know should you ever decide to change your setup........like maybe trying another Carb or something like that...you can then tell the improvement ;) ;)
RX7 FB S3 - RX7 FC TII Vert
Rotaries Previously Owned:-
2 x NSU Ro 80s - 2 x S2 RX7s - Suzuki RE 5 - DKW(Hercules) W2000 - Norton (Krauser) Commander

KiwiDave
Posts: 1778
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:07 pm
Location: Feltham, Southwest London

Re: TWiR 1986 S3 TWR

Post by KiwiDave » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:06 pm

DKWW2000 wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:34 pm
KiwiDave wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:19 pm
Hobbawobba wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:23 pm

Dyno?! :o
Just want to know what I have here.

12a minus air pump minus thermal reactor plus headers plus custom exhaust plus street port. It all adds up to something, right?

So I thought I'd get a baseline and see what can be improved on from there .... sya
Always handy to know should you ever decide to change your setup........like maybe trying another Carb or something like that...you can then tell the improvement ;) ;)
Funnily enough ...... that's a remarkably similar scenario to what might actually eventuate ;) ;)
1985 Sunrise Red S3 TWR
2003 Mercedes E320 CDI Estate AMG

KiwiDave
Posts: 1778
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:07 pm
Location: Feltham, Southwest London

Re: TWiR 1986 S3 TWR

Post by KiwiDave » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:57 am

KiwiDave wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:19 pm
Hobbawobba wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:23 pm

Dyno?! :o
Just want to know what I have here.

12a minus air pump minus thermal reactor plus headers plus custom exhaust plus street port. It all adds up to something, right?

So I thought I'd get a baseline and see what can be improved on from there .... sya
And so it came to pass that the Little Red RX brapped up to Surrey Rolling Road on Saturday morning
Image

And although the outright horsepower record could consider itself reasonably safe :lol: . TWiR got strapped down and ready for action
Image

12a minus air pump minus thermal reactor plus headers plus custom exhaust plus street port. It all adds up to something, right?

Well, one is quite pleased with this .....
Image

Image

Same as a factory 12a turbo :o sya th: Might be time to upgrade a few bits and pieces. I'm sure there's a bit more to come yet. Feel free to comment / discuss.
1985 Sunrise Red S3 TWR
2003 Mercedes E320 CDI Estate AMG

User avatar
gt_james
Posts: 553
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:10 pm
Location: Pershore, Worcester UK

Re: TWiR 1986 S3 TWR

Post by gt_james » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:48 am

good numbers? is that flywheel hp?

biznatch
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:03 pm
Location: Hornchurch, Essex

Re: TWiR 1986 S3 TWR

Post by biznatch » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:21 pm

Good number Dave. That's a bit more than I would have guessed, I was expecting it to come in around 140-150ish th:
Any intake mods yet?

KiwiDave
Posts: 1778
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:07 pm
Location: Feltham, Southwest London

Re: TWiR 1986 S3 TWR

Post by KiwiDave » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:11 am

gt_james wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:48 am
good numbers? is that flywheel hp?
Yes and Yes.
1985 Sunrise Red S3 TWR
2003 Mercedes E320 CDI Estate AMG

Post Reply