Black Elford Turbo

Restoring or fettling your ride ? Show us your progress.
Hobbawobba

Re: Black Elford Turbo

Post by Hobbawobba » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:03 pm

Does it say when he was last online on Whatsapp? I always use that for when people ignore me :lol:

Threesevens

Post by Threesevens » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:16 pm

Ian, I don't even know his surname so I don't know how to check.

Threesevens

Post by Threesevens » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:31 pm

Threesevens wrote:Ian, I don't even know his surname so I don't know how to check.
Ok So here's the latest. I found the receipt dated 11/01/2016 for the £1250 I gave him as a deposit which had his surname on it, so I know i can trace him through the electotal register, he is the only one in the area as he has a fairly unusual surname.
I decided to go over to the yard this afternoon and the gate is controlled by someone who is only 9 pence in the shilling.
I asked him did he have any contact details for Simon (the restorer) he said no. I said to him that I had a message that Simon was in hospital but he checked his log to say he had been in the yard on Friday!!
I sent Simon a text and told him I wanted to arrange a date for someone to come and pick the car up so they could finish it and I didn't believe he was in hospital.
He responded that he was still in hospital and the gate man was wrong, it wasn't him. He said it would be finished by the end of the month.
I have told him I am coming to collect the car finished or not on 31st Jan 2017
Life shouldn't be this difficult :cry:

Threesevens

Post by Threesevens » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:33 pm

Here's the next instalment.
Hot heard from him since last week.
The weather was really poor so thought I would go over to the workshop.
The guy on the gate told me was in the workshop, A miraculous recovery since last week he was supposed to be dying in hospital.
He has two workshops he uses and he was in the smaller workshop, not the one with my car in it.
Anyway he opens the door and he goes as white as a sheet when he realises it is me.
He is preppping another car for paint. I can't say what my language was but it would not be allowed on here.
I asked him why he wasn't working on my car, his excuse was he had no money and was working on his own car to sell to raise cash.
He assured me my car was in primer and he had removed the doors and wings to paint them off the car. He also assured me the car would be finished at the end of January.
I said Ok lets go and look at my car in the other workshop. I don't have the key for the other workshop he said (obviously utter nonsense).
Ok I'll come over tomorrow. He then tells me he is on a 7 day shift and won't be there until Monday 23rd
Of course what he is now going to do is get my car primered between now and then.
Unless of course he has a relapse. I am not sure I believe a word he says.
Will update any of you who are not bored with this sorry saga next Monday

ian65

Post by ian65 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:10 pm

He's taking the piss out of you Kev... you've got more patience and tolerance than me... I'd have had the f****r by the throat.
1986 Series 3 13B Turbo II
http://rx7fb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2400
1992 Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI
1975 Honda SL125 Street Scrambler

Threesevens

Post by Threesevens » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:51 pm

ian65 wrote:He's taking the piss out of you Kev... you've got more patience and tolerance than me... I'd have had the f****r by the throat.
Sure Ian, I know he is taking the piss.
My wife was with me and she urged me to stay calm.
She won't be with me next Monday

spoddy

Post by spoddy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:58 pm

Absolutely shocking how this disgraceful person is treating you.
Lies after lies all the time, just taking your money and messing you about.
I've heard of some messers that are body repair men but this guy surpasses them all.

Just hoping that it'll all end soon and you get your car back and get another fella to finish it for you.
If only you could get to the car get it onto a trailer and down the road faster than superman.

Hobbawobba

Post by Hobbawobba » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:29 pm

Should of had a camera or something recording! What an absolute cock. Excuse the language (I could easily use worse to describe him) :evil: Take some of the boys over with you next time. Force him to give you the car back right then with supervision of the boys haha

Threesevens

Post by Threesevens » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:21 am

Hi Guys,

Just about to go and see my car this morning after about 5 aborted attempts in the last 2 weeks.
Hopefully will give an update later today.
He has just told me that the frame of the metal sunroof is rusted and needs to be replaced.
I don't suppose anyone has a spare metal roof or have any idea where I could get one?
I am sure there have been a few breakers on Ebay recently but nothing currently available.
Fortunately I have got a moonroof.

codge

Post by codge » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:24 am

You don't need a metal roof if you have a glass one..... Gus is garaged I agree but he only ever goes out in his Sunday Best glass roof.
Tell him he's clutching at straws.

There's "Jessica Investigates" in the Saturday Telegraph, plus that guy on tele who goes round exposing shoddy traders.......this guy is the shoddiest I've ever heard of.