Rexanne!

Restoring or fettling your ride ? Show us your progress.
gt_james

Re: Rexanne!

Post by gt_james » Tue May 31, 2016 1:25 pm

Good to see the car still around and well. Jesse and I saw Steve quite recently, he's enjoying the world of two wheels now!

It'd be interesting to see what you do with audio on your car, I haven't seen people discuss that sort of thing on here, I've got some nice focal drivers and an amp sitting around not doing anything, but bit big for the car really so haven't fitted yet.

ian65

Post by ian65 » Tue May 31, 2016 3:58 pm

Jesse, did you own this car originally.... or did I imagine that :?
1986 Series 3 13B Turbo II
http://rx7fb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2400
1992 Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI
1975 Honda SL125 Street Scrambler

Steve-A

Post by Steve-A » Tue May 31, 2016 7:13 pm

I'm still alive. I come and lurk here once in a while, see how everyone projects are getting on :) Not so much as I used to though, as James mentions, I'm currently immersed in a 70s Suzuki t500 project, and it was the joy of two stroke bikes that lead me to rotary in the first place. I did try to buy that Mazda 1000 that popped up on Retrorides recently, sadly the bloke wanted stupid money for it. That would have gone nicely with a rotor in it.

Hope everything well for everyone out there in rotary world :)

As Ian said, glad to hear that Rexanne is still being driven and enjoyed. Hopefully with all the POR15 work I did, it wouldn't matter even if you did take it out in the rain! :)

It was a friend of mine called Ross, who I don't believe ever migrated over from the MRC forum, who first owned this car. Me and some other friends may have bullied him into some late night eBay bidding because we thought it was so cool, before we came across the spotted thread where I believe Ian and Codge were suggesting it was probably only good for parts. haha.
Ex-rotor owner exploring the world of pistons and valves....

ian65

Post by ian65 » Tue May 31, 2016 7:18 pm

Steve-A wrote:
It was a friend of mine called Ross, who I don't believe ever migrated over from the **** forum, who first owned this car. Me and some other friends may have bullied him into some late night eBay bidding because we thought it was so cool, before we came across the spotted thread where I believe Ian and Codge were suggesting it was probably only good for parts. haha.
Ah yes, not the first time I've had to eat my hat :roll: happy you proved me wrong Steve
1992 Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI

gt_james

Post by gt_james » Tue May 31, 2016 11:24 pm

Steve-A wrote:I'm still alive. I come and lurk here once in a while, see how everyone projects are getting on :) Not so much as I used to though, as James mentions, I'm currently immersed in a 70s Suzuki t500 project, and it was the joy of two stroke bikes that lead me to rotary in the first place. I did try to buy that Mazda 1000 that popped up on Retrorides recently, sadly the bloke wanted stupid money for it. That would have gone nicely with a rotor in it.

Hope everything well for everyone out there in rotary world :)

As Ian said, glad to hear that Rexanne is still being driven and enjoyed. Hopefully with all the POR15 work I did, it wouldn't matter even if you did take it out in the rain! :)

It was a friend of mine called Ross, who I don't believe ever migrated over from the **** forum, who first owned this car. Me and some other friends may have bullied him into some late night eBay bidding because we thought it was so cool, before we came across the spotted thread where I believe Ian and Codge were suggesting it was probably only good for parts. haha.
the mazda 1000 hasn't sold... I offered him my white RX7 for swaps!

codge

Post by codge » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:14 pm

Steve-A wrote: It was a friend of mine called Ross, who I don't believe ever migrated over from the **** forum, who first owned this car. Me and some other friends may have bullied him into some late night eBay bidding because we thought it was so cool, before we came across the spotted thread where I believe Ian and Codge were suggesting it was probably only good for parts. haha.
Just been on't tele tonight.....couple of Heathrow maintenance staff, successfully fixed a conveyor causing a logjam.
Quote as they're walking away "Not all Heroes wear capes". I immediately thought of you Steve.

Steve-A

Post by Steve-A » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:33 pm

gt_james wrote:the mazda 1000 hasn't sold... I offered him my white RX7 for swaps!
Shame, that would have been a good fair swap I'd have thought! The owner was definitely dreaming with his valuation of the 1000. Especially as I know he bought it in 2012 for £1k, so basically thats FB prices, maybe worth £2-2.5k now. Not the £5k he was asking.
Ex-rotor owner exploring the world of pistons and valves....

MelloYello

Post by MelloYello » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:48 pm

I found these photos on from RetroRides Gathering 2011

And this one from the pod, I am guessing rotorstock or what ever that shit mrc was doing at the time

Rolling back the clock.

ian65

Post by ian65 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:00 pm

Oh..... Silver Arrow :( :( :(
1992 Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI

codge

Post by codge » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:08 pm

Think that pic was also 2011? I've got Silver Arrow noted as Stolen, with a ? after it.