Rexanne!

Restoring or fettling your ride ? Show us your progress.
Steve-A

Re: Rexanne!

Post by Steve-A » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:27 pm

Alls well here :)

That sounds like a good plan with the adjustable lower arms :)
Ex-rotor owner exploring the world of pistons and valves....

chc

Post by chc » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:50 pm

What a brilliant finish Steve - what a great choice of alloy.

Did you have the wheel static when you polished or were they rotating (Johnnyboy is good at that as I recall)

Herman wrote:Cheers guys.

I'll try and do a write-up on how I did the wheels, but it was a piece of p!ss - and now they're like mirrors!!

In essence:

- Angle grinder
- 100 grit bevel brush cleans the wheels right back and removes minor curbing http://www.birco.co.uk/index.php?route= ... ct_id=3647
- felt disc and brown polish brings them up mirror smooth https://www.toolandfix.com/silverline-1 ... tAodNwMAog and https://www.toolandfix.com/silverline-1 ... wwodHWgA-w

It honestly couldn't be any easier.

Pete
Cliff

1983 Series 2 - Stardust Blue Elford Turbo

Herman

Post by Herman » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:37 pm

Definitely a ‘wheels stationary’ job – the angle grinder does all the necessary rotating. You can even use a finer red polishing compound for a super-fine finish should you want it.

Maybe I’ll post a quick ‘how to’ guide with photos.

PS It’s ‘Pete’ now actually - Steve sold me the car about a year ago... Last I heard he was messing smoking around in something old and Italian, poor fellow!! ;-)

Hobbawobba

Post by Hobbawobba » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:21 pm

Wheels are looking nice as. Along with the rest of the car of course!

I'd be interested in seeing a little how to on what you did with them. Even though it does seem pretty straightforward :lol:

chc

Post by chc » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:49 pm

My humblest apology with the 'slip of name' Pete but either way what an awesome job on those wheels mate.
As others have said a bit more info on the cleaning & polishing would be good in pics ... 0-0

Cliff

Maybe I’ll post a quick ‘how to’ guide with photos.

PS It’s ‘Pete’ now actually - Steve sold me the car about a year ago... Last I heard he was messing smoking around in something old and Italian, poor fellow!! ;-)[/quote]
Cliff

1983 Series 2 - Stardust Blue Elford Turbo

gt_james

Post by gt_james » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:53 pm

What's happening with this car now? I spotted it a long time ago in Worcester and it was the first one i'd seen in the flesh!

Herman

Post by Herman » Sat May 28, 2016 12:32 pm

Hi, sorry I've been a bit quiet on here lately, but I still have the car and have been working on it behind the scenes. Latest tasks completed have been:

- Australian / New Zealand spec 'aero' mirrors have sourced, sprayed, colour sanded and fitted. They look great, but are rubbish for seeing anything out of!

- I've gone "full chav" and fitted an amp and some subwoofers: Initially this was a Mac Audio Pulsar 1XL amp running 2 x 12 inch Phase Linear subs, but the box was so big I lost my rear seats, so the latest install is a single 12 inch sub, a 6 farad power cap, the Pulsar 1XL amp, plus a Pulsar 4XL amp driving the mids and tweets. Next step for this is an uprated alternator!
;s;

I'll try and post up some pics when I get time, but the car is getting driven, loved... and not let out in wet weather!! :oops:

PS Does anyone know why I can't see the buy and sell section any more? Is it because I'm not active enough on the board? I've got a few spares I was going to offer up for sale.

ian65

Post by ian65 » Sat May 28, 2016 12:59 pm

Herman wrote:PS Does anyone know why I can't see the buy and sell section any more? Is it because I'm not active enough on the board? I've got a few spares I was going to offer up for sale.
sorry bud, we had a few problems a while back and ended up changing members access to certain areas to being based on post count plus a few other things...... seems you got overlooked in the changeover.... all done now th:

I was wondering only last week what had happened to Rexanne.... glad to see it's still rotanging... there's a lot of affection for that car on here :)
1986 Series 3 13B Turbo II
http://rx7fb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2400
1992 Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI
1975 Honda SL125 Street Scrambler

Herman

Post by Herman » Sat May 28, 2016 3:21 pm

Ah, ah see - thanks Ian. 0-0

I'll do a proper update at some point to keep Rexanne's fans happy! 8-)

In the meantime I'll keep on with a few other jobs, as there's always something to do!!

Is anyone still in touch with Steve-A?

Chud

Post by Chud » Sun May 29, 2016 9:45 am

I still catch up with him every so often. Good to hear the old girl is still on the road.
instagram: tymboooo

1980 series 1 RX7
1983 series 2 RX7
1975 RX3 Coupe
1959 VW Splitscreen Kombi "The Queen"
1971 VW Adventurewagen
1966 Porsche 912