Working 3 jobs finally paid off!

Restoring or fettling your ride ? Show us your progress.
Petrolhead96

Re: Working 3 jobs finally paid off!

Post by Petrolhead96 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:00 pm

Thanks guys :D The seats just annoy me a little, can't help but notice their condition and creaking every time I get in it. It would be fine to leave them in at the moment, I need to prioritise getting it running 100% because it sat in a garage for a few years.
The plates on it are still english plates, it needs irish plates before it should really be on the road legally speaking, otherwise it could be taken off me and I'll get a lovely fine, only problem is I'm poor after buying the car and getting my full license :P so I can't afford that at the moment either. I just need more work. But I'll make sure to get black and silver Irish plates because it goes well with the colour ;) and I need insurance, no company will touch an 18 year old in an RX-7, that being said anything insured for an 18 year old in Ireland is stupid expensive. So I need to wait with that a while and earn a little more cash.

But before any of that is done, I have a small issue, water is coming into the passenger foot well, it happened over night. I went to start the car and take it for a small spin and there was a duck pond on the passenger side, there was water dripping down from under the dash.... so I'm a little worried, its been happening for about 5 days now, but its sat outside for nearly a month before this happened, It's like someone flicked a switch, I'm praying it is'nt rotted underneath the windscreen trim. I have nowhere to work on it and store it at the moment.

spirit r

Post by spirit r » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:25 pm

Check the waterdrain "red marked"
Thomas
SV100261.JPG
SV100261.JPG (169.63 KiB) Viewed 4123 times

codge

Post by codge » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:18 pm

Hi Kian,
A few years back I noted a series 2 car for sale in Hampshire. It was LHM 60**. It was Maya Gold but I couldn't get the full registration number.

Well, I think it's a fairly good bet it's your car. (Another Gold car registered at the same dealers on the same day would be possible - but only slightest possible).

So thanks for posting - I'll update my records.

Codge (Dave). Welcome BTW

Petrolhead96

Post by Petrolhead96 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:55 pm

Brilliant Thomas thanks for that 0-0 I hope its only clogged drain holes, I'll look when it gets to a garage, and I'll have an update soon, I removed the carpets and seats and the floors are'nt to pretty if I'm honest. Not rusted through, but need attention. So when I've the cash they need to be sorted out.

Any more information on the car Dave? :) I'd love to find out a bit more of it, how many years ago was it for sale? The guy I bought it off lived in sligo and kept it in a garage(he rarely drove it), but he was'nt the one who resprayed it, it was the owner before him. The guy I bought it off drove it across the pond a few years ago :P I know some history of the car but not a lot, I have a few receipts and the original bill of sale I think.
I can give you the registration of another one (dead however, just if you want to update them more) its got a tree in it after it was crashed 3 or 4 years ago its reg is "C61 PRN" or is it "C6I PRN" :) I cant make out if its a "1" or an "I" next to the "C6" on the photo I have of it, hope that helps

codge

Post by codge » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:08 pm

I think it was spring 2012 Kian. On ebay in Yateley, Hampshire. I actually thought it wouldn't make it because it was with a load of parts for sale.

Thanks for C61 PRN. (That is the reg). I'll mark it as scrapped. 'RN' letters were for Preston registration area if I remember aright.

Codge

glow-worm

Post by glow-worm » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:05 pm

Great looking car! For me it's like winding the clock back as I did exactly the same thing when I was 18. Bought an original white series I Rx 7 and never looked back (especially when I was overtaking ;) ).
Have you put a kill switch or immobiliser in it? Helps stop strangers from enjoying your ride which I learned a little too late.
Congratulations 0-0

Petrolhead96

Post by Petrolhead96 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:12 pm

glow-worm wrote:Great looking car! For me it's like winding the clock back as I did exactly the same thing when I was 18. Bought an original white series I Rx 7 and never looked back (especially when I was overtaking ;) ).
Have you put a kill switch or immobiliser in it? Helps stop strangers from enjoying your ride which I learned a little too late.
Congratulations 0-0
Thanks glow-worm ;) Thats sad hearing about getting your first FB nicked :( I hate parking it in towns or out of sight because I'm afraid someone will hurt it or steal it, a few poor lads have had lovely art work carved into the paintwork on their pride and joy by idiots in my local town, I do want to make my car a little more secure.
I cant imagine 80's security systems are great by todays standards.

I have now had a my floor fixed! :D did'nt cost an arm and a leg. I removed the panel in front of my windscreen to check for clogged drain holes, I think they have been covered up by rust preventer? I can't find them, still waiting until I have a proper garage to really beat into it, the car was'nt as rust free as the seller had promised me (no rust in the usual areas, sills are great and arches were done by the previous owner) but it's fixed now :)

DKWW2000

Post by DKWW2000 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:20 pm

I have that problem of the drain holes getting blocked, so I put a mesh (fishing landing net mesh does not rot) inside the grooves on the wiper panel, it stops larger detritus, leaves etc getting in. I stuck it on with silicone. It looks like it has always been there.
RX7 FB S3 - RX7 FC TII Vert
Rotaries Previously Owned:-
2 x NSU Ro 80s - 2 x S2 RX7s - Suzuki RE 5 - DKW(Hercules) W2000 - Norton (Krauser) Commander

gt_james

Post by gt_james » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:42 pm

I don't know much about insurance in ireland but I can insure mine quite reasonably at 19 with one years NCD.

Hobbawobba

Post by Hobbawobba » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:09 am

gt_james wrote:I don't know much about insurance in ireland but I can insure mine quite reasonably at 19 with one years NCD.
I'd say yours is more than reasonable aye bro! :lol:

I thought I had posted on here already :? Looking sweet though aye! Can't wait to see what you do to it th: