Working 3 jobs finally paid off!

Restoring or fettling your ride ? Show us your progress.
Petrolhead96

Working 3 jobs finally paid off!

Post by Petrolhead96 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:35 pm

Hi lads :) my name is Kian Brugman. I'm 18 and a student in my final year of secondary school (leaving cert year, high school some of you might call it???)
I recently acquired number 7 on my dream car list, I picked it up 3 weeks ago, I would have posted sooner, But I have been stupid busy with my mock exams which I'm in the middle of at the moment. I've been going through the forum trying to learn as much as I could about these cars for a while now.

I bought a 1982 s2 with a 12a, very original (apart from the colour) rust free car. I worked 3 crappy jobs and did'nt sleep much over holidays so I could afford it and get my full license :lol: I've been obsessed with getting a rotary since my dad bought an RX-8 a year ago, so thats when I decided I had to have an FB :D It's very rare car, even rarer in Ireland, my one is the first one I've ever seen.

How do I add photos? I'll throw some up! I know there's something about photobucket, I've pictures uploaded to that, do I just copy and paste links? (hp)

myatt1972

Re: Working 3 jobs finally paid off!

Post by myatt1972 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:26 pm

Hi Kian, yes copy and paste the img codes, looking forward to some pics.
Keith...

gt_james

Post by gt_james » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:58 pm

Nice one 0-0 I got mine when I was 18 also! was my second car. I would suggest getting photobucket to upload photos. You just have to drag and drop a photo to photobucket then copy the IMG link to your post ;)

gt_james

Post by gt_james » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:06 pm

find the picture you want to upload, then to the right hand side of the picture there's a share links bar. just left click on the text next to image, then paste it to your post.

Petrolhead96

Post by Petrolhead96 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:11 am

Sorry, I could'nt access the forum for a little while, good to be back :) sweet, thanks dude 0-0 this is my second car as well! my friends have civics and imprezas etc.. its nice to have something different and unique 8-) hope the links work.

Is it sad that I've named the car? I called it Reva (pronounced Ray-va), it means fox in Norwegian ;)

knight_rx7

Post by knight_rx7 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:04 am

It's always satisfying watching an original FB in the street. Congrats mate!!!! Enjoy it and never sell it!!!!
------------------------------
38 Chevy Truck
56 Cj5
82 Rx7 -> http://rx7fb.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2750
91 E34 525i
94 W124 E420
13 W212 E300
14 Toyota Fortuner

Petrolhead96

Post by Petrolhead96 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:33 am

Thanks man :) I don't plan on selling it! :D I plan on keeping it as original as possible (aside from the fact it use to be gold,previous owner sprayed it)
If I do anything to it, it'll be to modernise a little, things like a better carb, better suspension and I think that's all I want to do when funds allow. Anything else like wheels I've been considering, but I love the look of the original ones. If I do mod it it'll be little things that are easy to remove and put back to original state, I have been considering RX-8 seats, but thats because my seat brackets and frames are'nt in great nick :roll:
But first I need a few small issues tended to and a few parts :?

User Banned

Post by User Banned » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:09 pm

Its beautiful. Would have looked great in the original gold, but there's nothing wrong with the red either. Great fun little cars, especially once you've done the carb/exhaust/suspension so its running as strong as it should be and handling the way you like. Enjoy!

The seat brackets i think are a common issue on these, it would be good if someone in the know pipes in with a solution. I had to squeeze the drivers side rails a bit tighter on mine in a vice once to pass roadworthy, but it was a temporary fix at best, now i dont even think about it lol! I really like the original seats though, so i might look into adapting a different set of rails in?

myatt1972

Post by myatt1972 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:37 pm

Great looking car Kian, I love the colour it suits it very well.
Keep us posted with your mods and updates s(c)
Keith...

ian65

Post by ian65 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:49 pm

Hey Kian,
that's a smart looking car, great colour...... liking the silver on black plates too th: