A Kiwis Series 3

Restoring or fettling your ride ? Show us your progress.
Hobbawobba

Re: A Kiwis Series 3

Post by Hobbawobba » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:42 pm

myatt1972 wrote:Great work again Jesse, I love the wiper conversion s(c)
Come on now, I hardly had to beat you into telling me about the latest purchase :lol: That will be awesome and quite scary at the same time :shock:

-turbo- -turbo- -turbo-
Hahahaha! Will go great if I ever end up getting my coilovers sent :?

Thanks guys! I should really get back out to make my sills all pretty. But I'm enjoying relaxing for a bit aye. Hopefully coilovers will be shipped soon. That'll bring suspension/wheel updates ;)

Hobbawobba

Post by Hobbawobba » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:18 pm

Haven't really done a whole lot lately as it's been cold and getting dark long before I get home from work :x . I noticed there was some condensation on my rear glass and checked it out. Spare wheel well was full of water :o . I believe it was due to 2 broken clips on my spoiler which I accidentally knocked a few months ago whilst welding :lol: . I have taken my spoiler off and covered the holes in duct tape (for now)! Haha. I had wanted to do this eventually so I'm cool with that. Will have to get the welder out to fill the holes when it warms up a bit :)

I also noticed a few weeks ago that somebody had damaged my passenger door from the footpath :x :x . I'm hoping it'll pop out fairly easily aye. Haven't done anything about it yet. It's my second passenger door also ha

Had my ACBRON coilovers finally arrived a few months ago. Pretty stoked with them. Won't be getting them installed until after the engine swap though

This weekend just been was quite sunny (although absolutely freezing). So decided to make some progress on removing the engine. Wiring loom disconnected, exhaust removed, propshaft bolts loosened but waiting til gearbox fluid is drained before removing, engine and tranny bolts/nuts loosened, clutch slave unbolted and probably a few other bis and pieces I have missed. My girlfriend helped me drain my coolant and remove the radiator. She done most of the work yay :lol: . Quite happy with the weekends progress really! Pretty much ready to remove the engine aye

myatt1972

Post by myatt1972 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:17 pm

Exciting stuff Jesse, Im looking forward to seeing this come together.
You might need to put a spoiler back on for when you hit warp speed -turbo-
Keith...

KiwiDave

Post by KiwiDave » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:51 am

Is the car fighting you or are things loosening / coming off reasonably easily?

Bonus points for girlfriend with spanner skills! Quite rare to find one with those option boxes ticked. :o 0-0
1985 Sunrise Red S3 TWR
2003 Mercedes E320 CDI Estate AMG

Wires

Post by Wires » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:19 am

Looking good mate, how low are you expecting to go on the coilys?

Tepper

Post by Tepper » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:31 pm

Coilovers looking good! Hope it all goes smoothly with the engine swap th:

KYPREO

Post by KYPREO » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:08 am

Looks awesome Jesse. Very happy for you that you finally have your coilovers!

Hobbawobba

Post by Hobbawobba » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:25 pm

Thanks guys. I'm hoping progress will start being good once this snow goes away and it stops being dark at stupid early o'clock

KiwiDave wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:51 am
Is the car fighting you or are things loosening / coming off reasonably easily?

Bonus points for girlfriend with spanner skills! Quite rare to find one with those option boxes ticked. :o 0-0
Everything has come off really easily so far actually. Exhaust needed a bit of a wiggle (thanks for the help from my GF again :D ). It's nothing like the suspension bolts, or nuts that hold on our fuel breather valve thingy which are nasty to undo.
KYPREO wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:08 am
Looks awesome Jesse. Very happy for you that you finally have your coilovers!
Thanks, Greg. Pretty stoked with them aye. A few small scratches on the springs and chips on the rear mounting brackets. But I'll get them powdercoated as paint doesn't really hold up in the UK :lol: . Can't wait to get them welded up and installed aye
Wires wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:19 am
Looking good mate, how low are you expecting to go on the coilys?
Here are some pics I use as inspiration for how I want to be sitting. Not stupidly low - but what I think is a nice height :) . This green one is s(c)

Wires

Post by Wires » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:54 am

Spot on, I'd like to get mine at the same height once it's running and the cash is spare etc.

DWNUNDR

Post by DWNUNDR » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:45 pm

that green one is so on point... beautiful