84GSLSE 13BREW Swap build

Restoring or fettling your ride ? Show us your progress.
DB RX63

Re: 84GSLSE 13BREW Swap build

Post by DB RX63 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:09 pm

Greg's point is very relevant.

It does depend on what use the car is being put.

Drag racing puts huge strain on components for a very short period.

My point was based on street, circuit and rally use.
Met Blue Series 2 Elford Turbo
S3 Rally Car (under Construction - Still !)

DWNUNDR

Post by DWNUNDR » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:15 pm

my intention is to drive it. fun car..

maybe a track day but doubtful, definitely will hit the 1/4 a few times...

but mostly I wanted a fun scary ride...

DWNUNDR

Post by DWNUNDR » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:06 pm

So I am trying to figure out what electronic boost controller I should get.. keep in mind I am already way over budget, so I am trying to get the least expensive yet decent quality... I have 2 used options form a well know rotory guy here...

Turbosmart eboost unused $210 plus shipping
Greddy Profecb spec II used $150 plus shipping

my hope would be to have 2-3 boost settings... switchable.. I am running the Haltech Sprint RE which I believe allows switchable maps (Ive been told it can be done thru my head unit display by a friend who had his setup like that)

thoughts, suggestions...

DWNUNDR

Post by DWNUNDR » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:33 pm

well in regards to the previous post I went with the Turbosmart e-boost (Australian made and being an Aussie it was a given - also when I said I was aussie he gave me a better price haha)

guy has some sweet rides.. he had a 1st gen with a brew swap then put it all in a repu... https://www.youtube.com/user/kevinbtz

anyway so last night and for the last couple of hours Ive been trying to figure out how to mount my new seats into the 1st gen... so I hacked one of the factory mounts apart by drilling out the spot welds and grinding off the welds on the ends... so one of them will work perfectly once welded on, the other rail on the ds needs a different approach as it is 2 tabs welded onto the rail not a whole rail like the other part... so grab some scrap bracket in the shop, cut, hammer bend and weld.. presto... should work...

DWNUNDR

Post by DWNUNDR » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:57 pm

Well I finally got the drivers seat mounted and in... I think it shrunk sitting in the basement.. freakin thing is a little snug.. hahah ;)

ian65

Post by ian65 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:44 pm

which sound deadening did you use?

DWNUNDR

Post by DWNUNDR » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:16 pm

ian65 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:44 pm
which sound deadening did you use?
some amazon stuff...

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1

DWNUNDR

Post by DWNUNDR » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:19 pm

fabricating some mounting tabs... 1 factory slide I tore apart and welded to supplied slides... DS doesnt slide as smooth as Id like so some tweaking int eh future should fix it..

Passenger side slides well.. but the floor pan is unevenly positioned so there was some fiddling to do there....

DWNUNDR

Post by DWNUNDR » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:19 pm

also replaced the fuel sender unit... sad when the dealership advertises something then you order i, they ask for your vin.. then they tell you you are wrong... uh uh... paperwork, title and vin plate all say the numbers I sent... told them YOU ARE WRONG... linked them to the part on Atkins Rotory which had the same part number... so... comes to find out the person admits they cant look back that far in their system,.. so I guess they were wrong after all haha

need to know how much fuel is left when this girl is sucking the tank dry...

DWNUNDR

Post by DWNUNDR » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:41 pm

no real big forward progress.. but My mate was over on the weekend and we went over some things... and he feels a whole lot more confident that there isnt a huge amount to do with the wiring and getting it running... just finding time to work on it...

tapped the Water pump and added 2 temp sensors for the fans... yeah one is super close to the thermostat but it doesnt hit it so we are fine