New here

Why not come in here and introduce yourself... ( it'll then open up more forum features to you)
MERCOMMS

New here

Post by MERCOMMS » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:55 am

Hi everyone, I`m Dave and I`m in Manchester.
I served my time in the early 80s as a Mazda mechanic so have loved these cars for many years
I owned an fb in the early 90s, reg ACM 814X, in what I can only describe as the best shade of metallic blue I have ever seen, but due to circumstances it had to go. I swore that day that I would one day get another. In Janruary of last year, 20 odd years later, I finally got one. It came from Bedford and was classed as a `barn find` as people like to call them. Major major work needed to bring this car back to road worthiness and so far due to spare finances at the time not much done. BUT, then about 4 weeks ago another one came up, in Rochdale, and yes you guessed it I bought that one as well, ha ha, again a barn find. So I am now the proud owner of 2 of these fabulous cars, an 83 and an 84 by the way, and I have my work well and truly cut out for me for the foreseeable future. Please be ready for many questions regarding parts availability, new or 2nd hand, and probably bits of advice on other stuff. I`ll also try to post some piccies of them and my progress when I work out how to do it.
Cheers everyone.
Dave

spirit r

Re: New here

Post by spirit r » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:48 pm

Welcome Dave! Most active Forum member are called Dave here, so a got a little confused now :lol: Hope you have the same activity here like the other Daves.

DKWW2000

Post by DKWW2000 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi Dave, Welcome to the Forum, fill your boots with all the information on FBs you want as there is years of it here. Most of us use Web hosting such as :
-https://rx7fb.imgur.com/

If you can not find the answer in the "Search" facility then ask as there is more than likely another member had the same problem in the past,
regards Pete
RX7 FB S3 - RX7 FC TII Vert
Rotaries Previously Owned:-
2 x NSU Ro 80s - 2 x S2 RX7s - Suzuki RE 5 - DKW(Hercules) W2000 - Norton (Krauser) Commander

codge

Post by codge » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi Dave,
I've looked up ACM and added it to the Forum Register as 'Probably Scrapped'. DVLA say First Registered October 1981 and it's not been in use since around 1990.

It would be great if you could let me know the Reg Nos. of the 2 you've got now, to add them to the register as well if they're not recorded already.
(Send a PM if you don't want to use the open Forum).

Welcome to the Forum by the way.

Codge Dave

Casey

Post by Casey » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:56 pm

A warm welcome to the forum Dave, and welcome also to the "pair of FB's Club" (see my sig below :D ). I have a pair of 1983 S2's, near identical twins (and an RX-8)!

My story is similar to yours. I now have one FB undergoing a snail's pace amateur resto, whilst I spend my time trying to keep the other one up and running :lol: As you say, great cars, and I'm determined to try and get both back on the road at some point.

I recognise your forum name from the M*R*C too 0-0
KIMI 1 : RX-7 1st Gen "hybrid"; 1983 S2 running gear in a 1985 S3 shell, SORN'd, long term resto project
KIMI 2 : RX-7 1st Gen; 1983 S2, "identical" twin to KIMI 1, on the road :-)
Plus a 2004 Full Bridgeported RX-8 too!