Savanna greetings from South Africa!

Why not come in here and introduce yourself... ( it'll then open up more forum features to you)
NSU

Savanna greetings from South Africa!

Post by NSU » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:51 pm

Hi! I have just bought myself a 1980 Savanna Rx-7 which is in need of restoration. I hope to learn lots on this forum. Seeing that my is running a no-no piston engine from a GLC, I will be fitting a series 4 13B with SA22C style carb and air filter. My car is basically complete with all major parts still there.

codge

Re: Savanna greetings from South Africa!

Post by codge » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi There,
Thanks for joining us. Welcome.

Codge (Dave)

Johnny Bravo

Post by Johnny Bravo » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:33 am

Howzit :)

Where abouts in South Africa are you based? Hopefully away from the coast , so no rust ;)

spirit r

Post by spirit r » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:42 am

Welcome in our multi culti forum upload some picture would be cool. (Rx7 + lion + zebra + tusker :lol: )
My nephew Michael Bodenstein was living on a farm in the north of pretoria some years ago. Michael was on school in johannisburg and drove an NSU RO 80 on his farm. Michael is a great fan of the RX7FB. Perhaps you know him.
Thomas

Lucky

Post by Lucky » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:21 pm

Hiya, welcome along. Sounds like a car that definitely needs rescuing. Was it at least a decent conversion to piston lump, or is it an angle-iron and gaffer tape job?

NSU

Post by NSU » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:45 pm

Hello FBrs!

Unfortunately I do not know Michael Bodenstein, but will try and trace him. I still own a 1969 NSU Ro80 aswell.

I live in Pretoria but the car hails from Port Elizabeth. So hold thumbs that the tin worms did not do too much eating. Can't be worse than the UK. We don't have black ice issues and the need to salt paved road surfaces. The poor front suspension crossmember has been botched to oblivion! But I shall soldier on and restore the car.

NSU

Post by NSU » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:53 pm

Sorry struggling a bit with picture uploads. Will get there eventually.

Ghostkls

Post by Ghostkls » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:15 am

Welcome!

Good to see another South African in the forum. Hopefully you do not find to much rust during your project. I live in East London and was actaully surprised how well the 81 FB I bought was holding up against the coastal weather!

NSU

Post by NSU » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:35 am

Hi! Yes we are two SAF guys on this forum. I still have long road ahead restoration wise.

Do you know about the Re-Clubsa website on FB?

Best regards
Jean

NSU

Post by NSU » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:32 pm

Hi there fellow rotary citizens. So after 5 years I am finally stripping doen the old SA22 for a rebuild. I have discovered that the air box below the cowl top is non existant due to rust. So are the floor boards. But hey! The windscreen aperture have survided without serious corrosion.