Beaulieu Simply Japanese Show, Sunday 29 July 2018

Going to a show or got an idea for a meet? Tell us about it!
DKWW2000

Re: Beaulieu Simply Japanese Show, Sunday 29 July 2018

Post by DKWW2000 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:09 pm

Despite looking forward to this event for months & having bought 2 tickets (& being a optimist), It is looking unlikely we will be attending the meet, the Met have confirmed the weather as Gale force winds, Heavy rain & local flooding (no plague or frogs though) with a yellow warning from 0300 - 1800hrs.
Being it is a long journey I would not enjoy the day in the weather or the return trip as the Vert is meant to be driven with the top down.
Should the forceasts change tomorrow then I will re-consider but it is looking unlikely............sorry to let everyone down as I appreciate a lot of work has gone into this :(
See you at RR in 3 weeks th:
RX7 FB S3 - RX7 FC TII Vert
Rotaries Previously Owned:-
2 x NSU Ro 80s - 2 x S2 RX7s - Suzuki RE 5 - DKW(Hercules) W2000 - Norton (Krauser) Commander

KiwiDave

Post by KiwiDave » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:07 pm

MelloYello wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:37 pm
Say a prayer before bed, and ask that it comes in early and passes during the night.
Yes, I'm sure that will work.Oh wait .... there seem to be a number of guarantee exclusions ! rdg
1985 Sunrise Red S3 TWR
2003 Mercedes E320 CDI Estate AMG

KiwiDave

Post by KiwiDave » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:33 pm

Bit of a washout unfortunately. Not raining when I set off at around 0600 but that soon changed part way down the M3. And didn't look too inviting on arrival at the meet up point. Rain and umbrellas yay Beaulieu wasn't looking that inviting when we rocked up to the allocated stand space.

And there would be no delicious breakfast / lunch either as gazebo's were not allowed due to the gale force winds being forecast :roll: I'm sure that the RX8 OC were thrilled with that considering the prep and planning that goes with these things.

Looked around the rather excellent museum which was predictably rammed with people sheltering from the weather, grabbed a couple pics outside and then buggered off for a miserable drive back. Continually amazed (as there was so much standing water so visibility was quite poor) with the amount of drivers with no lights on and no indicators for changing lanes. :o

Might well be drying the RX7 out for the next week or so. And the heated rear screen doesn't although the dash light comes on which is helpful. Oh well, there's always next year ....
1985 Sunrise Red S3 TWR
2003 Mercedes E320 CDI Estate AMG