Classics United - Newhaven Port - 08/10/17

Going to a show or got an idea for a meet? Tell us about it!

Classics United - Newhaven Port - 08/10/17

Postby MelloYello » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:31 am

https://classicsunited.wixsite.com/clas ... 17-cu-show

Sold out for pre-sale tickets. But some to be available on the gate. I expect it to be similar to the recent "ohsoretro" event held in Margate a couple of weeks ago.
MelloYello

Re: Classics United - Newhaven Port - 08/10/17

Postby Lucky » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:29 pm

What news from the grimmest of grim channel ports?
Lucky

Postby MelloYello » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:45 pm

Well the weather started off grim but after midday the sun broke through and we were all bathed in a warm glow.

And I left with the warm glow of appreciation, in the form of an award :D

It was a small gathering of vehicles, I would guess about 80 odd. So you got around it pretty quick, but there was musical entertainment and we had the historical information that Newhaven Port provides us on its involvement with the war effort.

Because of this my photographic attention span was low and spent most of the time talking to the interesting owners. Such as the young owner of this Ford Anglia. I would have been happy to eat my dinner off any part of this car. The attention to detail was thorough. Theonly photo I took was of the engine, because I was going to wait for him to put the hood down to take more photos, I forgot.

Next up is this Honda 600. I got chatting to him, a real old boy. He used to make aircraft instruments, and did all the restoration work himself. Even did the efi and throttle body conversion, about 15 years ago.
Oh and that green Imp won best of show, it was very tidy.

The owner of this Suzuki was the same owner of the modified orange Honda Z600 from OhSoRetro.

I am asleep
I am awake
I'm blue da ba dee da ba daa - Da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa - Da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa

I never found the owner of this lhd Toyota. I wanted to know its story. You do not see many of these.

Had a good chat with this guy about his DAF, I mean Volvo. He was a member of the Gay Classic Car Group who has a few members representing on the day. These things had some weird belt driven variable transmission.

R32 cant help but like them.

Toyota Soarer. Smelt like a Toyota too.

Apaprently my car stood out from the crowd. You don't say.

After many circuits of the show I noticed that two cars had similar styling.
A Toyota and a Ferrari. Can you Tell which is which? ;)

So that is it. Short and sweet. Plenty of minis but you know how it is, you seen one ya seen 'em all.

Out.
MelloYello

Postby DKWW2000 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:53 pm

Well done s(c) It feels good to have an award knowing at last the FBs are getting the awards they deserve. I love the suzuki.
Great pictures, it looked a good day.
RX7 S3
Rotaries Previously Owned:-
2 x NSU Ro 80s - 2 x S2 RX7s - Suzuki RE 5 - DKW(Hercules) W2000 - Norton (Krauser) Commander
DKWW2000
Site Admin

Postby Lucky » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:49 pm

You're turning into a right trophy wife :lol: Congratulations on your latest addition to the cabinet 8-)

MelloYello wrote:I'm blue da ba dee da ba daa - Da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa - Da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa

LOL :lol:

EDITed to add... I've only ever owned one Toyota. And that smelled like despair :cry: Is that what they all smell like? :?
Lucky

Postby myatt1972 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:21 pm

Well done James (again) :roll:
That Volvo has a twin belt variomaatic drive system, basically the pulleys open and close giving it one variable gear. The system is bloody awful but it has a party trick, 80mph in drive and 80mph in reverse :shock:
Keith...
myatt1972
Site Admin

Postby KiwiDave » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:13 pm

That corolla looks like a KE30 2 door (the KE35 hard top had larger tail lights). I guess has the 3K engine as well. First one I've seen in the UK. I've spotted a couple of KE20 and KE25 variants at Retro Rides before.
1985 Sunrise Red S3 TWR
2003 Mercedes E320 CDI Estate AMG
KiwiDave

Return to Car Shows & Meets