New or refurbished radiator

Fans, radiators, heaters, e-fans, cooling issues, air conditioning...
decster
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:13 am

Re: New or refurbished radiator

Post by decster » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:00 am

I would buy a new one since getting a refurbished is a hit and miss sometimes.

User avatar
A7RXY
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:55 am
Location: Upminster, Essex UK

Re: New or refurbished radiator

Post by A7RXY » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:14 pm

decster wrote:I would buy a new one since getting a refurbished is a hit and miss sometimes.
The problem is you can no longer get them and because my car is as original as it came out of the showroom, refurb is the only way to go.

Dibs

User avatar
MelloYello
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: London, England.

Re: New or refurbished radiator

Post by MelloYello » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:39 pm

A7RXY wrote:
decster wrote:I would buy a new one since getting a refurbished is a hit and miss sometimes.
The problem is you can no longer get them and because my car is as original as it came out of the showroom, refurb is the only way to go.

Dibs
So have you done it yet?

User avatar
A7RXY
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:55 am
Location: Upminster, Essex UK

Re: New or refurbished radiator

Post by A7RXY » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:54 pm

[quote

So have you done it yet?[/quote]

Awaiting the warmer weather as A7RXY is comfortably put away for the winter, well that's my excuse.

User avatar
MelloYello
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: London, England.

Re: New or refurbished radiator

Post by MelloYello » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:43 pm

If it is away for the winter, then it is the best time to undertake the job.
You don't want it off the road during summer - it will cut into your drivetime.

User avatar
Hobbawobba
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:44 pm
Location: Worcester - UK

Re: New or refurbished radiator

Post by Hobbawobba » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:09 pm

MelloYello wrote:If it is away for the winter, then it is the best time to undertake the job.
You don't want it off the road during summer - it will cut into your drivetime.
Yes! If it's not being used for a few months.. Perfect time to get things refurbed! :D

User avatar
A7RXY
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:55 am
Location: Upminster, Essex UK

Re: New or refurbished radiator

Post by A7RXY » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:32 pm

I don't put it on the road until April/May so plenty of time, being a pensioner 6 months road tax is enough for me.

Dibs

User avatar
ian65
Posts: 5611
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:11 am

Re: New or refurbished radiator

Post by ian65 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:21 pm

Or look at it another way... being a pensioner means that you can have a full 12 months tax to rag the nuts off it every day!

User avatar
DKWW2000
Posts: 1188
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:16 pm
Location: English Riviera - South Devon

Re: New or refurbished radiator

Post by DKWW2000 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:38 pm

ian65 wrote:Or look at it another way... being a pensioner means that you can have a full 12 months tax to rag the nuts off it every day!
Thats what I do sya ............then clean it again:oops: :oops: :oops:
RX7 FB S3 - RX7 FC TII Vert
Rotaries Previously Owned:-
2 x NSU Ro 80s - 2 x S2 RX7s - Suzuki RE 5 - DKW(Hercules) W2000 - Norton (Krauser) Commander

User avatar
A7RXY
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:55 am
Location: Upminster, Essex UK

Re: New or refurbished radiator

Post by A7RXY » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:14 pm

This car as never been over 30 mph, but I suppose I could use 2nd gear ...... The way things are going someone will get a great car ..... to rag the arse off .. sya

Post Reply