Anyone tried one?

Fans, radiators, heaters, e-fans, cooling issues, air conditioning...
Lucky

Anyone tried one?

Post by Lucky » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:29 pm

Of these? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181006859855? ... 1423.l2649 Or similar? I know essentially this is Chinese, and I wouldn't buy a Chinese turbo for example but I figure as long as it's the right size, what can go wrong with a radiator, lol. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with such things at all, I can't find a supplier of a first-gen radiator closer... it seems that even the people who list on eBay USA are basically selling the same exact Chinese radiator

Hobbawobba

Re: Anyone tried one?

Post by Hobbawobba » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:20 pm

I'm sure I read that brand can be very unexpected whether it'll be good quality or not. But I remember a few of people on the american forum were happy with these ones below aye. I think you just had to make sure it had the extra nipple bit on the lower neck for the heater hose :) 2 and 3 rows to choose from.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat ... 26_arr%3D1

Or could always do something along the lines of Steve and get a s5(?) aluminium radiator and make your own brackets for it to mount up? :) Then there is the easy option of just getting the standard one re-cored :lol:

TOOL

Post by TOOL » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:36 pm

You've got loads of space in the front of an FB.

Front mount the FC oil cooler and fit a S5 radiator on an angle behind it. The S3 rad will handle a 12A all day though.
Back in sunny France

Lucky

Post by Lucky » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:00 pm

Good link there, Jesse. Not sure quite how I managed to miss all those :? I suck at internetz. They look rather better than the Pacific Rim stuff. Maybe worth the risk that their shipping monkey won't jump on them and stick forklift prongs through the core and stuff... what's the worst that can happen, lol

MR TOOL, I know the stock rad would be up to the job... but it's just not shiny enough :oops: Already mounted the oil cooler in front, which is when I noticed my rad is showing signs of damage that's getting worse in one corner. If I've got to pull it out to re-core it I may as well just upgrade it

TOOL

Post by TOOL » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:09 pm

There's suitable ebay ones coming out of the Netherlands for the magpie in you.
Back in sunny France

biznatch

Post by biznatch » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:52 pm

Anyone on here used the Feeda radiator via the Netherlands. I'm considering it because it will be cheaper than importing one from the US and I don't trust the fleaBay ones coming out of China.

DeanRX7

Post by DeanRX7 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:36 pm

TOOL wrote:There's suitable ebay ones coming out of the Netherlands for the magpie in you.

Mr. Tool....do you know anything about the feeda ones? Are they any good?
The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

JayoM

Post by JayoM » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:52 pm

I just bought a Feeda, we'll see how it goes :)

TOOL

Post by TOOL » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:04 pm

DeanRX7 wrote:
TOOL wrote:There's suitable ebay ones coming out of the Netherlands for the magpie in you.

Mr. Tool....do you know anything about the feeda ones? Are they any good?
Not much, mate. You're in the Netherlands. Pick one up send us some pics.

Personally I'm sceptical that they're Chinese knock offs.
Back in sunny France

mc turbo

Post by mc turbo » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:41 pm

i fitted a S5 fc koyo n-flo double pass rad £258 inc taxes to my door just needed to make some brackets & flexi rad hose to work !