Silicon Hoses

Fans, radiators, heaters, e-fans, cooling issues, air conditioning...
Lucky

Re: Silicon Hoses

Post by Lucky » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:00 pm

lol :lol:

I'd be up for a group buy (assuming my car isn't written off, lol. Be a nice compliment to the new engine). Do RB get their hands dirty with such proletarian things as group buys? Anyone else interested?

ian65

Post by ian65 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:12 pm

RamoNZ wrote:
codge wrote:I'm interested in a group buy Ian. Really only for something nice though like the Racing Beat blue ones.

No rush for me, as long as you know I'd be in for half carriage or whatever.
Hi Dave,

Dont mean to point this out, but those hoses would clearly be defined as a modification... :lol:

They do look nice though :D :D
Daves car is already modified..... the go faster red stripe saw to that! He's on the slippery slope now.... first a red stripe, then blue silicon hoses, next a 13b turbo engine swap and cut down road springs :D

ian65

Post by ian65 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:17 pm

group buy sounds good to me as long as we can make the money work.....
stick your name down here and we'll go with whoevers on the list by Saturday.... no firm commitment for now, lets just see how many of us are interested and what sort of costs will be involved

Ian65
Codge
Lucky

RamoNZ

Post by RamoNZ » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:27 pm

ian65 wrote:
RamoNZ wrote:
codge wrote:I'm interested in a group buy Ian. Really only for something nice though like the Racing Beat blue ones.

Hi Dave,

Dont mean to point this out, but those hoses would clearly be defined as a modification... :lol:

Daves car is already modified..... the go faster red stripe saw to that! He's on the slippery slope now.... first a red stripe, then blue silicon hoses, next a 13b turbo engine swap and cut down road springs :D
I was thinking that might have been a dealer-fit option and therefore I was going to let him get away with it..... 8-)

Just browsing ebay usa and there seems to be a few sets for the $40-60 mark if that was more appealing. Other than that, Atkins sells the RB hoses for the same price but list a $25 shipping option to UK (2-4 weeks) or $55 for 5-6 days.
Series 3 13b EGi 6 port, Tender Blue
Series 2 12a stock, Silver
Series 1 RX2 12a, Herschel Orange

Rexi84

Post by Rexi84 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:24 pm

I used hose from viper performance in the midlands and just cut to size I needed, also noticed they do bespoke hoses with loads of options, even can add own branding. 8-)
'Dont fear the rotor'

KiwiDave

Post by KiwiDave » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:26 pm

ian65 wrote: I didn't know that you could bend them..... not really liking that ribbed effect though.....
I thought that they were 'ribbed for your pleasure'? No ... errm ... maybe that's not hoses ;) I'll get my coat then, shall I? :oops:
1985 Sunrise Red S3 TWR
2003 Mercedes E320 CDI Estate AMG

codge

Post by codge » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:14 pm

RamoNZ wrote:

Hi Dave,

Not a problem.....I intend to paint them black so's the insurance won't know what I've fitted!........ :lol:
And my sparkly sparky wires are already a red set.......... oops.

mc turbo

Post by mc turbo » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:54 pm

hi guys u can use samco super flex silicon hoses @ £60 a metre more than enough for the top & bottom hoses!

DB RX63

Post by DB RX63 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:23 pm

Hi Ian,

I'd be interested, plain 'ole black would be fine.

DB
Met Blue Series 2 Elford Turbo
S3 Rally Car (under Construction - Nearly Finished !)

Hobbawobba

Post by Hobbawobba » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:18 pm

RamoNZ wrote:Dont mean to point this out, but those hoses would clearly be defined as a modification... :lol:
:lol: :lol:

I'd be keen for a set if we can sort some kind of deal out aye!

Ian65
Codge
Lucky
Hobbawobba