cooling system refresh....

Fans, radiators, heaters, e-fans, cooling issues, air conditioning...
richrx

Re: cooling system refresh....

Post by richrx » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:26 pm

Thanks for all the tips guys :)

Currently having an issue with my daily.. I think its just not liking the winter weather so not been on here in a few days :p

Lucky, how much will postage be to Glasgow? Originality is my aim just now, and keeping costs down as im looking for a new place too... hopfully with my own double garage ;) so a confirmed working fan would suit perfect short term and I like the idea of a push fan on the front long term :)

Tool, im mainly looking to confirm the condition of the water pump, so I know where I stand with the components, its not leaking at the minute but I want to look at the propellers condition ( ive had a few bmw's in the past and know how dangerous and much of a pain they are when they fail and brake up) plus I can get a look at some internals..

Although I spoke to my mazda dealer he simply stated " theres there's nothing available for your car mate" looks like I'll try another, one that maybe knows what there doing :)

Rich

TOOL

Post by TOOL » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:54 pm

All Mazda dealers are like that in the UK. You have to quote part numbers to them.
Back in sunny France

Lucky

Post by Lucky » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:27 pm

richrx wrote: Lucky, how much will postage be to Glasgow?
No idea tbh. I'll stick it in a box and see what the Post Office say. I'd like to think less than a tenner but I know the prices all changed recently (just in time for Christmas :roll: ) I'll let you know soon as I can

richrx

Post by richrx » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:13 am

Thanks Lucky, paypal suit? Let me know your email and I'll send it across :)

Ok so whats the best way to get the part numbers to quote to mazda? Im surprised because this dealer were really good for my fc, obviously a different parts guy... :roll:

Rich

codge

Post by codge » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:48 pm

Lucky wrote:
richrx wrote: Lucky, how much will postage be to Glasgow?
No idea tbh. I'll stick it in a box and see what the Post Office say. I'd like to think less than a tenner but I know the prices all changed recently (just in time for Christmas :roll: ) I'll let you know soon as I can

Nooooo....... larger parcels like a viscous fan, go to 'Interparcel.com' and make booking with 'My Hermes' through Interparcel. Courier collects from your door and much less than rip off Post office. They may need a contact number from rich though. That's the only extra difficulty.

richrx

Post by richrx » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:08 pm

Hi guys

Some more advice saught, ive removed my engine from the car, hoping to give it all a good clean and find any faults, looks like a new clutch, pressure plate and bearing already. .. on the airpump/ inlet manifold ( above the thermal reactor) there is a hell of a lot of crystallised pink fluid, which looks to be coolant.

Ive attached a pic, looks to be alot there built up over a long g time, is this likely to be coming from a leaking gasket? I'll be removing it tomorrow for a better look and anyone whos removed it, is there 6 bolts holding it on?

Sorry for the poor photo, the gunks at the bottom of the pic

Rich
img20140113_160035.jpg
img20140113_160035.jpg (137.53 KiB) Viewed 2637 times

richrx

Post by richrx » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:11 pm

img20140113_161050.jpg
img20140113_161050.jpg (223.49 KiB) Viewed 2636 times
Possibly a better photo..

TOOL

Post by TOOL » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:39 pm

Chances are it's the inlet manifold gasket and the 2 rubber orings on the housings are knackered.

It should be 6 studs holding the manifold on. 2 on each end plate and one on each housing. Nothing on the middle plate.

If it's not that, check for leaks on the thermostat housing as water can dribble down from there an pool on top of the manifold.
Back in sunny France

codge

Post by codge » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:12 am

X 2 for that, The inlet manifold has a hidden screw underneath. Not obvious and at first you wonder why the manifold won't come off the engine.

TOOL

Post by TOOL » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:00 am

Where's this screw?
Back in sunny France