Headlight Issue

Anything related to the cars electrics... problems.... mods... fixes etc
DeanRX7

Headlight Issue

Post by DeanRX7 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:53 pm

Hello all,

Any advice on headlights issue welcomed.

A few months back the drivers side headlight motor seemed to die but other popped up and turned on no problem. The left went up with the switch as well. Now both have died and wont pop up or even turn on. Fuse seems OK and I have seen many other issues with these but not this any suggestions?

Thanks.
The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

DeanRX7

Re: Headlight Issue

Post by DeanRX7 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:41 pm

Also, while I have the headlights out, I thought, if its easy enough, does anyone know of a direct hella replacement for the light inserts. I see them on ebay and alike, but the screw connections dont look like they will fit.

Any suggestions, or links on here that I have not been able to find?
The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

KiwiDave

Post by KiwiDave » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:56 pm

DeanRX7 wrote:Also, while I have the headlights out, I thought, if its easy enough, does anyone know of a direct hella replacement for the light inserts. I see them on ebay and alike, but the screw connections dont look like they will fit.

If you absolutely must have hella, it's this one here. 'left hand traffic' is the important bit so that it's the proper RHD beam pattern. Search Hella, 7 inch, H4

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H4-7-Inch-Hea ... SwBahVgC9j

or did you want the sealed beam version?
1985 Sunrise Red S3 TWR
2003 Mercedes E320 CDI Estate AMG

DeanRX7

Post by DeanRX7 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:03 pm

KiwiDave wrote:
DeanRX7 wrote:Also, while I have the headlights out, I thought, if its easy enough, does anyone know of a direct hella replacement for the light inserts. I see them on ebay and alike, but the screw connections dont look like they will fit.

If you absolutely must have hella, it's this one here. 'left hand traffic' is the important bit so that it's the proper RHD beam pattern. Search Hella, 7 inch, H4

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H4-7-Inch-Hea ... SwBahVgC9j

or did you want the sealed beam version?
OK...this is where I sound like an idiot. I dont need Hella by an means, but its just what I have found on my searches. Have you got these and are they easy to put in? Whats the difference between the sealed beam version and left vs right hooker drive version?

codge

Post by codge » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:12 pm

Cut and Paste Post I made a year or two back on here.......
"I had an MOT advisory a few years back due to reflector tarnishing / blackening.
I found the exact replacement 7" headlights from a small guy on the net (Cibie = Valeo nowadays).
Then I put in same wattage bulbs (no wiring issues), Osram I think, but 20% or maybe even 40% brighter (New technologies in lamp making).

Result and dead easy. Except I kept the old light units.....taking up space in my loft. Why for God's sake? .....That's just me...... "

So if you search for 'Cibie' or 'Valeo' you should find them.....they are called 'semi sealed' because the reflector and glass are sealed together but the lamp can be changed from the back. A sealed unit has the filaments integral......common fitments in 1970's......disgusting idea!
Hope that helps.

Marc S

Post by Marc S » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:03 pm

MX5 Mk1 lights are the same fitment :)
Professional Vehicle Detailing & Valeting in East Sussex
http://www.paragonautofinishing.co.uk

KiwiDave

Post by KiwiDave » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:54 pm

1985 Sunrise Red S3 TWR
2003 Mercedes E320 CDI Estate AMG