electric aerial wiring

Anything related to the cars electrics... problems.... mods... fixes etc
brenlixnaw

electric aerial wiring

Post by brenlixnaw » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:00 pm

hi all ive removed my electric aerial and theres a green, red and black wire(3 wires) plus aerial coax , after taking it apart and re threading the toothed plastic strip it now goes down if i connect the red to poss side of battery and black earth and goes if i put black to poss side and red to earth but if i try to connect the green to poss and black to earth it just clicks can it be wired to a switch with black and red i know this isnt as clear wrote down as in my head any help would be greatly appreciated V(o

brenlixnaw

Re: electric aerial wiring

Post by brenlixnaw » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:15 pm

brenlixnaw wrote:hi all ive removed my electric aerial and theres a green, red and black wire(3 wires) plus aerial coax , after taking it apart and re threading the toothed plastic strip it now goes down if i connect the red to poss side of battery and black earth and goes if i put black to poss side and red to earth but if i try to connect the green to poss and black to earth it just clicks can it be wired to a switch with black and red i know this isnt as clear wrote down as in my head any help would be greatly appreciated V(o
sorry for being so stupid after an hour away from it and the help of youtube i know the black is earth the red is constant live and the green is the live to trigger the relay so now only have to put this new found knowledge into pratice tomorow i sure im going to have trouble sleeping

DKWW2000

Post by DKWW2000 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:26 pm

This guide will help if you need it with a relay:-

http://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/relay-guide.html
RX7 FB S3 - RX7 FC TII Vert
Rotaries Previously Owned:-
2 x NSU Ro 80s - 2 x S2 RX7s - Suzuki RE 5 - DKW(Hercules) W2000 - Norton (Krauser) Commander

brenlixnaw

Post by brenlixnaw » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:53 pm

DKWW2000 wrote:This guide will help if you need it with a relay:-

http://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/relay-guide.html
thanks for the link ive got the aerial working from radio relay so feel very good that was the last electrical problem so now ive to fit all bits back together then fit a bush onto the idler arm and im definately going to get some driving done one great thing about the bad summer here in ireland it fills me with hope for a good september