Series 3 on Retro Rides... 4k!

Seen a 1st gen RX7 driving, parked up or for sale somewhere... post the details here...
Lucky

Series 3 on Retro Rides... 4k!

Post by Lucky » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:11 pm

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/ ... 4000-essex

Looks like a solid car. Price has to give us all a bit of faith, eh?

Anyone on here?

Lucky

Re: Series 3 on Retro Rides... 4k!

Post by Lucky » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:21 pm

EDIT to say just spotted it in the RX-7 register thread :oops:

ian65

Post by ian65 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:29 pm

Not much gets past our beady eyes on here ;)
1986 Series 3 13B Turbo II
http://rx7fb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2400
1992 Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI
1975 Honda SL125 Street Scrambler

Lucky

Post by Lucky » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:32 pm

I know this :D I'm just a bit out of practice :lol:

Interesting to see that the asking price has climbed about a grand since it was first advertised. If these cars are now appreciating at that rate we'll all be millionaires in a couple of years 8-)

Matt_j_smith

Post by Matt_j_smith » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:47 pm

thats mine :D

Its actually up for £3200 (now!).

I explained my pricing in that forum. It's also on ebay and has had a lot of interest and offers etc so not quite as off the mark as people first thought.

Just trying to up the collective price of all our fb's :D

Basically I put it up for sale because it got in my bad books one weekend. I've pretty much fixed all those problems now and would rather keep it - but im going to let the ebay auction run to see what happens. Hate away :)

Matt_j_smith

Post by Matt_j_smith » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:21 pm

Matt_j_smith wrote:thats mine :D

Its actually up for £3200 (now!).

I explained my pricing in that forum. It's also on ebay and has had a lot of interest and offers etc so not quite as off the mark as people first thought.

Just trying to up the collective price of all our fb's :D

Basically I put it up for sale because it got in my bad books one weekend. I've pretty much fixed all those problems now and would rather keep it - but im going to let the ebay auction run to see what happens. Hate away :)

Actually - I've just had a quick browse of ebay. A project that's been sat for 19 years - with seized brakes etc just went for over £2k. another pretty odd yellow one with a day to go is over £2k so far and has some bits that need far more attention than my one. I also hasten to add that my price is open to offers (its on ebay - link at here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mazda-RX7-FB- ... Swy5ZXBk5t ) so - despite it being on the higher side - I am pretty satisfied with what I've priced it at. There are cars in similar condition on Car and Classic fetching a lot more (however they don't have the things to sort like mine does). Pricing a car is always difficult but given how clean this one is and how easily the problems can be addressed to fetch 'car and classic' spec money; I'm happy. At the end of the day, someone will only pay what they feel it is worth - and the world will keep turning!

Lucky

Post by Lucky » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:51 pm

Yep. Quite agree with what was said on Retro Rides; you own the V5, you can charge what you like and it's up to the market to decided what to pay. Personally, half of me is happy to see the values of FBs finally start to rise, properly, cos it means mine's worth more. Half of me is sad that I've now missed the boat on cheap parts cars... and there are so many bits I still want as spares

Matt_j_smith

Post by Matt_j_smith » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:59 pm

cheers :)

I fully agree. I've had many S13 and s14's and there was a steep incline in price a couple of years back. I owned one at the time and was sort've pleased it was, in effect, worth more. Then again, going to buy one now, the prices are just daft...I think the fb's are worth every penny ( and are really appreciating).. unlike the s bodies.

As for the parts - This is the first car I've owned were its actually a pain to get the parts! I was looking at a pair of rear callipers and a rebuilt BMC - The only places that had them were either the U.S or Japan!