The Latest 1st gen sightings

Seen a 1st gen RX7 driving, parked up or for sale somewhere... post the details here...
DeanRX7
VIP User
VIP User
Posts: 474
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:51 pm
Location: Melb via London via Holland
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: The Latest 1st gen sightings

Post by DeanRX7 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:38 pm

gt_james wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:05 pm
I'll still be here if the values crash, I don't plan on cashing out and selling on the current high... although everything has its price :lol:
My Uncle/Auntie sold their house when prices sky rocketed in Melbourne for crazy money....1 year later, they are priced out of a house in the same or similar location. Historically, I have sold more than my share of 7's only to regret it and constantly look for another one. Selling now, for me, would mean by the time you find another, you may be priced out at the current rate.

For me...if I can afford it, I will always own one, not as a investment...for joy.
These users thanked the author DeanRX7 for the post (total 3):
gt_james (Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:46 pm) • spirit r (Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:51 pm) • Hobbawobba (Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:22 pm)
The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

Threesevens
VIP User
VIP User
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:07 pm
Location: Loughton Essex England
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 36 times
Contact:

Re: C178SDX

Post by Threesevens » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:14 pm

A blue series 3 on Facebook.
The owner has had the car for 25 years and it has been off the road for 12 so probably not on the register and I am sure Ian will confirm.
He has started a complete rebuild which he is hoping to complete in the next 2 or 3 months.
From the photos some of the car looks good but some of it looks pretty bad. There is serious rust on one of the windscreen support struts which doesn't look good. I know this has spelled the end for some projects.
I doubt he is on our forum as I am sure he would have posted something here.
I will suggest he joins us
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=100 ... 4283440575
These users thanked the author Threesevens for the post (total 2):
spirit r (Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:54 pm) • ian65 (Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:05 am)

User avatar
ian65
Admin
Admin
Posts: 6144
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:11 am
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: C178SDX

Post by ian65 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:35 pm

Threesevens wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:14 pm
A blue series 3 on Facebook.
The owner has had the car for 25 years and it has been off the road for 12 so probably not on the register and I am sure Ian will confirm.
He has started a complete rebuild which he is hoping to complete in the next 2 or 3 months.
From the photos some of the car looks good but some of it looks pretty bad. There is serious rust on one of the windscreen support struts which doesn't look good. I know this has spelled the end for some projects.
I doubt he is on our forum as I am sure he would have posted something here.
I will suggest he joins us
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=100 ... 4283440575
Thanks Kev, it is indeed a new spot for the register :) :) Please try and grab a picture of it if you can!
1986 Series 3
New custodian of 'Gus', K plate series 3 viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27
1992 Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI
1975 Honda SL125 Street Scrambler
2003 Mercedes SLK 200 Kompressor

Threesevens
VIP User
VIP User
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:07 pm
Location: Loughton Essex England
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 36 times
Contact:

Re: C178SDX

Post by Threesevens » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:07 pm

Sorry Ian, I have tried to post a photo but without success. Hopefully someone else will be able to follow the link and get the photo's posted.
The owner lives in Gillingham in Kent. He said he will join when he gets his car back.

DeanRX7
VIP User
VIP User
Posts: 474
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:51 pm
Location: Melb via London via Holland
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: C178SDX

Post by DeanRX7 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:20 pm

Threesevens wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:07 pm
Sorry Ian, I have tried to post a photo but without success. Hopefully someone else will be able to follow the link and get the photo's posted.
The owner lives in Gillingham in Kent. He said he will join when he gets his car back.
Can't wait...tender blue is one of the best colours for me.
The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

DeanRX7
VIP User
VIP User
Posts: 474
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:51 pm
Location: Melb via London via Holland
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: The Latest 1st gen sightings

Post by DeanRX7 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:22 pm

Mazda RX-7
€ 11.950,00
https://link.marktplaats.nl/m1621645747 ... ialbuttons

Clean, low km, US car in the Netherlands, with Dutch plates. Curious on your thoughts on price.
The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

Threesevens
VIP User
VIP User
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:07 pm
Location: Loughton Essex England
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 36 times
Contact:

Re: C178SDX

Post by Threesevens » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:23 pm

DeanRX7 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:20 pm
Threesevens wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:07 pm
Sorry Ian, I have tried to post a photo but without success. Hopefully someone else will be able to follow the link and get the photo's posted.
The owner lives in Gillingham in Kent. He said he will join when he gets his car back.
Can't wait...tender blue is one of the best colours for me.
Agree Dean the best colour

Smiller18
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:57 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: The Latest 1st gen sightings

Post by Smiller18 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:28 pm

Screenshot_20210113-201659~2.png
Screenshot_20210113-201659~2.png (875.76 KiB) Viewed 71 times
Screenshot_20210113-202457~3.png
Screenshot_20210113-202457~3.png (963.51 KiB) Viewed 71 times
These users thanked the author Smiller18 for the post (total 2):
ian65 (Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:28 pm) • Threesevens (Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:16 pm)

Post Reply

Return to “Spotters Corner & The 1st Gen Register”