Alternator belt

Everthing you need to know, Oils, Air Filters, Oil Filters, Spark Plugs, Wipers, Bulbs. How to change them & When...
Lucky

Alternator belt

Post by Lucky » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:21 pm

Anyone tell me what flavour I need? Mine seems to be completely devoid of any writing that might give me a hint what to order. Need another to fit a double sheave pulley, y'see. Ta vurrah much :)

myatt1972

Re: Alternator belt

Post by myatt1972 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:32 pm

Most importantly buy 2 new ones so they are the same length, an old one will be lots longer.
As for the size erm.................. 800 x 9.5 ish I think, cant be sure, sorry.
Someone with a brain will be along soon !
Keith...

codge

Post by codge » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:07 pm

Don't know about the brain but I knowse what I likes:

Gates Automaster 6237MC. Supplied to me by Rotechnics in 2003 and it still looks like new. Though bear in mind I'm not hammering down the motorways every day. More like OOh look, a bluebell wood/ horse in a field/ or.....nasty rain cloud coming, might rain on Gus, best get home ....whilst not exceeding 3500 rpm under any circumstances.

I've noted Ferrodo VS 800 might be an equivalent, but I don't know that for sure.

ian65

Post by ian65 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:19 pm

codge wrote: Though bear in mind I'm not hammering down the motorways every day. More like OOh look, a bluebell wood/ horse in a field/ or.....nasty rain cloud coming, might rain on Gus, best get home ....whilst not exceeding 3500 rpm under any circumstances.
sounds like it could be due a decoke Dave... bring it to a meet... I've got a miracle technique for getting the carbon out of your engine... drive it well past the buzzer and hold it there for a while... does it the world of good! :lol:
1986 Series 3 13B Turbo II
http://rx7fb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2400
1992 Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI
1975 Honda SL125 Street Scrambler

syebba

Post by syebba » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:24 pm

ian65 wrote:
codge wrote: Though bear in mind I'm not hammering down the motorways every day. More like OOh look, a bluebell wood/ horse in a field/ or.....nasty rain cloud coming, might rain on Gus, best get home ....whilst not exceeding 3500 rpm under any circumstances.
sounds like it could be due a decoke Dave... bring it to a meet... I've got a miracle technique for getting the carbon out of your engine... drive it well past the buzzer and hold it there for a while... does it the world of good! :lol:
Dave is captain slow.

You should of been the titanic captain,you'd never of hit that iceberg,it'd still be on it's maiden voyage with you in charge.

codge

Post by codge » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:07 pm

Wouldn't Titanic have got wet going out to sea? Can't have that, Oh dear me no.
"Everybody off, this ship is going back into dry dock".

She'd still be around then.

PS, I hang on James May's every world and ignore the other two.

Lucky

Post by Lucky » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:11 pm

Thanks for the tips, Dave. ;) The belt info, too :lol:

Funnily enough, they had an article on the Titanic on the news today, some event commemorating 100 years since it sank. They interviewed relatives of people who were on the ship, one woman was going on about her uncle and ended with the rather odd statement that "having put his fiancee in a lifeboat he stayed and was lost with the ship. They still haven't found his body." :roll:

.....you know what, I don't think they're going to, either :?