Intake Manifold Gasket Part #s?

Everthing you need to know, Oils, Air Filters, Oil Filters, Spark Plugs, Wipers, Bulbs. How to change them & When...
Lucky

Intake Manifold Gasket Part #s?

Post by Lucky » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Sooooo... the time has come to finally cure my coolant leaky inlet gasket with some core plugs. Trouble is, I've got myself totaly bamboozled as to which part number I need for the gasket. Most 12A gaskets seem to look like this...

...for which there seem to be easily available part numbers ( 1881-13-111A ) but my engine plates are an earlier tall-port version without the big square hole under the centre ports, and the gasket I used last time looked like this;

... for which my weak Google-fu won't let me find a part number :? Can anyone point me at a source to find the part numbers for such in the UK? The only place I've found that offers both is Racing Beat but it's madness to order from the US and pay ten times their value in duty. And life's too short to try to run through this at the non-existent parts counter at my local dealer, I need to just provide them with a part number and set them in motion. Help. Thanks :oops:

MelloYello

Re: Intake Manifold Gasket Part #s?

Post by MelloYello » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:39 pm

MelloYello

Post by MelloYello » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:43 pm

Hang on..... wait a minute.....

Have you not done this before - http://www.rx7fb.com/viewtopic.php?f=23 ... old+gasket

Lucky

Post by Lucky » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:37 pm

lol, you have no idea how long I spent chasing my tail in ever decreasing circles trying to find that thread :evil: Never thought to look in the cooling section. :oops:

The annoying thing is that I even took a photo of the gasket I used that time in it's original packaging and everything...

Like, honestly there are not enough facepalms to describe my stupidity sometimes ;s;

Hobbawobba

Post by Hobbawobba » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:15 pm

s(c) :lol:

spirit r

Post by spirit r » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:48 pm

Lucky wrote: The only place I've found that offers both is Racing Beat but it's madness to order from the US and pay ten times their value in duty. And life's too short to try to run through this at the non-existent parts counter at my local dealer, I need to just provide them with a part number and set them in motion. Help. Thanks :oops:
Selfmade gasket working cheap and fine, also an easy Job.
http://www.rx7fb.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1118&start=130

Out of the elring Service Kit
http://www.rx7fb.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1118&start=140

MelloYello

Post by MelloYello » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:05 pm

Hope it goes well. I got mine in no problem.