Wheel Bearings

Gearboxes, clutches, diffs, wheels & tyres....
DeanRX7
VIP User
VIP User

Wheel Bearings

Post by DeanRX7 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:38 pm

Hello FB Team,

Confused on what wheel bearings to get for my series 3. Seeing as I am replacing the shocks, springs, pads and brake discs I thought may as well do the wheel bearings all round too. I have read on here somewhere that the series 2s and 3s are different on the back, I think...I cant find the post again.

I see these and the prices seem cheap.

http://www.rockauto.co.uk/en/catalog/ma ... /wheel+hub

Then I see these, which I think are the same but the prices are much higher

https://www.rexbo.eu/mazda/rx-7-i-sa-78 ... ing-100579

Once I start looking at ebay my head starts to hurt!

Can anyone simplify this for me? Front and back part numbers.
The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

KiwiDave
VIP User
VIP User

Re: Wheel Bearings

Post by KiwiDave » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:58 am

Front bearings ... Inner are all the same S1 thru S3.

Outer bearings ... S3 are larger diameter (same fitted on S4 and S5 FC)

If ordering thru RockAuto, use 84-85 model years only from dropdown boxes.

Be very wary of EBay listings. A lot of them are incorrect and make a '1 size fits all' assumption. Most of us have been there and been burned at one time or another.

Best ask on here if you're unsure. Someone will know :)
1985 Sunrise Red S3 TWR
2003 Mercedes E320 CDI Estate AMG

KiwiDave
VIP User
VIP User

Post by KiwiDave » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:19 am

It's the same for the rear bearings. S3 are larger.

RockAuto are a good source. Just select 1984 or 85 for your model year then wheel/hub then wheel bearing. You'll find front inner/outer and rear all listed there.

There is some sizing info there as well so you can double check (which is what I did to check the difference for the rears).
1985 Sunrise Red S3 TWR

DeanRX7
VIP User
VIP User

Post by DeanRX7 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:01 pm

KiwiDave wrote:It's the same for the rear bearings. S3 are larger.

RockAuto are a good source. Just select 1984 or 85 for your model year then wheel/hub then wheel bearing. You'll find front inner/outer and rear all listed there.

There is some sizing info there as well so you can double check (which is what I did to check the difference for the rears).
I have never order of Rock before...the sizes come up in inches so do the parts come from the states?
The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

DKWW2000
VIP User
VIP User

Post by DKWW2000 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:38 pm

Dean, If you order from Rock, you can use this Code to get 5% off:-

Your discount code is:

How to Use Your Discount Code

Enter the code above in the "How Did You Hear About Us?" space on the checkout page (above your payment information). Do not enter any other text in that space or the discount will not apply.

Please note: Discount only valid for orders placed online. Code must be entered before order is submitted.

The link for them is:-

http://www.rockauto.co.uk/en/catalog/ma ... r2,1192272
RX7 FB S3 - RX7 FC TII Vert
Rotaries Previously Owned:-
2 x NSU Ro 80s - 2 x S2 RX7s - Suzuki RE 5 - DKW(Hercules) W2000 - Norton (Krauser) Commander

KiwiDave
VIP User
VIP User

Post by KiwiDave » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:01 pm

DeanRX7 wrote:I have never order of Rock before...the sizes come up in inches so do the parts come from the states?
Yep th:
1985 Sunrise Red S3 TWR

DeanRX7
VIP User
VIP User

Post by DeanRX7 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:35 am

Found some from rexbo.eu a online parts site which said they had some in stock ready for delivery. Two weeks pass and i get an email with a refund. No reason just a credit note.

Terrible service. Which i wrote this....

'Hang on,

I order a part two weeks ago, then with no notice or explanation you send a refund! Unacceptable.

This is the second time I have ordered parts from you guys and have had the same issue. You have NO STOCK of products you list on your site.

I will not accept this poor service and demand you find the items you promise and there are many of them, in different brands listed and deliver them as you said you would.

Did I not read that if you dont have the item in stock you will find the same item of equal or higher value to replace the order?

I look forward to your response.

Thanks for your time,
Dean. '

I dont think i am out of order in sending this s will see what the response is.

kenwhiteside

Post by kenwhiteside » Tue May 31, 2016 9:00 pm

Just been on Rock auto looking at wheel bearing and seals. Selected 84 from teh drop down list and when I went to check out it says that the parts are for US cars?? Did others get this when they looked??

Here is the basket

Part Price Quantity Total
1984 MAZDA RX-7 1.1L R2
Brake/Wheel Hub : Wheel Bearing
ATIMKEN 511017 Info
Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the US Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the Canadian Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Rear
Part is designed for US, CA Market vehicles

£10.75
£21.50 Remove

Brake/Wheel Hub : Wheel Bearing Retainer
ACBECK/ARNLEY 0530031 {#101126152, 4348573000, 854526152} Info
Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the US Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the Canadian Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Rear (Only 10 Remaining)

£4.61
£9.22 Remove

Brake/Wheel Hub : Wheel Seal
BBECK/ARNLEY 0522540 {#0928348007, 101126154, 2118544} Info
Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the US Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the Canadian Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Rear
Selected:

£1.17
£2.34 Remove

Suspension : Shock Absorber
AKYB 343140 GR-2 / Excel-G Info
Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the US Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the Canadian Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Rear; Except Electronically-Adjustable Suspension
Previous Image

Next Image
£20.30
£40.60 Remove

Transmission-Manual : Clutch Slave Cylinder
CEXEDY SC612 Info
Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the US Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the Canadian Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. (Only 18 Remaining)
* Stocked in outlying warehouse--shipping delayed up to 3 business days
Previous Image

Next Image
£8.21
£8.21 Remove

Fuel/Air : Fuel Filter
BFRAM G4775 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} Info
Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the US Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the Canadian Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. In-line Fuel Filter
Selected:
Do you also need a new Oil Filter?

£0.91
£0.91 Remove

KiwiDave
VIP User
VIP User

Post by KiwiDave » Tue May 31, 2016 9:38 pm

Anyone ordering from outside the US will get that warning. US specs are different from ours, including brakes and hubs.

For instance, with your outer wheel bearings/ retainers/ seals, select 84 model year and 1.3L (that's the GSL-SE 13b) That is the only US model that has the proper S3 outer bearing. Their 84/85 12a retained 13in wheels and the smaller outer bearing.

Slave cylinder should be ok, I'm sure Ian can confirm that as he's ordered the cylinder from them before.
1985 Sunrise Red S3 TWR

kenwhiteside

Post by kenwhiteside » Tue May 31, 2016 9:50 pm

Ahh righto, so I need to select 1.3L rather than 1.1. I tried cross referencing against the parts fiche but this had as many GS / GLSE options.

Anyone ordered direct from Mazda? Prices reasonable?

Return to “Drivetrain, Wheels & Tyres”