Gearbox or clutch

Gearboxes, clutches, diffs, wheels & tyres....
Lucky
VIP User
VIP User
Has thanked: 0

Re: Gearbox or clutch

Post by Lucky » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:12 pm

Yep, I sent the brakelines Codge kindly donated up to a guy at Wallace Performance in Aberdeen who happens to work at a Hel Dealer and also has a nice FD. He still has them and was amenable to making up some more if requested (think someone else was asking after them a while ago, and I PMed him to see if it'd be OK to make more up).

Only thing that went awry was that the fifth line chassis to axle wouldn't fit as one of the hose ends was wrong. I can't remember exactly why now... it had ended up like female to female or something like that but I meant to look into it further and as always, it's slid down the "to do list" :oops:

Hobbawobba
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Hobbawobba » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:11 pm

Lucky wrote:(think someone else was asking after them a while ago, and I PMed him to see if it'd be OK to make more up).
I think that may have been me? :? I gave Hel an email directly and they were keen to make up a set if I sent them my standard hoses. Maybe they will add it to their website when I eventually do? :lol:

Sorry to hijack, but it could possibly relate? :D . I started having similar issues lately except reverse was crunching unless I put it in gear slowly. New master and slave before the issue. Decided to change the oil and then I swear 1st and 2nd got harder to change in to. There's a slight noise when my foot is off the clutch - goes away when foot is on the clutch. Any suggestions? PM me if you don't want to clog up the thread :lol:

Lucky
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Lucky » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:24 pm

Hobbawobba wrote: There's a slight noise when my foot is off the clutch - goes away when foot is on the clutch. Any suggestions? PM me if you don't want to clog up the thread :lol:
Clutch release bearing?

ian65
Admin
Admin

Post by ian65 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:14 pm

wa1shie@aol.com wrote:Thanks for your comments. I think I will try to replace the master and slave cylinders. I have been on Rockauto but i am not sure which is the right part to order. My car is a 1985 series 3 but I am not sure how this compares to the US vehicles listed. Can anyone suggest the right ones to order as I don't want import them and find they are not right.
I am also going to order front and rear brake hoses and having read some posts on the forum I believe the threads on the hoses are different between series 2 and 3 so I have the same issue on these.
Any help will be appreciated. Hopefully I will become more self sufficient in the future :oops:
choose from this selection... they will fit your car.... ( scroll down the page until you get to RX7 / transmission / manual )

https://www.rockauto.co.uk/catalog/x,ca ... ion-Manual

select a master cylinder and add it to your shopping cart then go back and choose a slave cylinder. You will see that once you've added a master cylinder to your cart, it will show you which slave will ship from the same warehouse by labelling it A, B or C.............. by shipping items from the same warehouse, you will get them cheaper.
You could also ask on the forum to see if anyone else wants any parts from Rockauto at the same time and then share the shipping costs.
1986 Series 3
New custodian of 'Gus', K plate series 3 viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27
1992 Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI
1975 Honda SL125 Street Scrambler
2003 Mercedes SLK 200 Kompressor

A7RXY
VIP User
VIP User

Post by A7RXY » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:03 pm

Hi Kevin, if you do order from Rockauto I could do with a new Master and slave as well, that way we could split the costs.

Dibs

Threesevens
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Threesevens » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Sure Dibs not a problem. I think your car and mine should both have the same parts as they were registered within a month of each other. Anyone else?

Lucky
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Lucky » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:58 pm

Yes, if you don't mind taking on the burden of organisation? I could always do with a spare master and slave, I'd be happy to join in a group buy lol

They're pretty much disposable items, already had two replacement slaves on mine in four years :roll:

Threesevens
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Threesevens » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:08 pm

Hi Lucky, I can do that. I presume you have a gen 3 as well

Threesevens
VIP User
VIP User

Brake Hoses

Post by Threesevens » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:12 pm

Hi Lucky.
I will get in touch with Wallace but what did you do about the fifth hose?

Lucky
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Lucky » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:58 pm

Yes, mate, I've got a Series 3 and a Series 6 :oops: So a Gen 1 and a Gen 3 :?

I haven't done anything with the fifth hose, unfortunately. I went to fit it ages ago, realised it was wrong (not sure how as I sent the five lines Codge gave me as-is) and never got round to pursuing it or getting an adaptor

Return to “Drivetrain, Wheels & Tyres”